[V19 - Geoscape] Invalid base name

MrAlex

When building a new database, I noticed that many characters are not displayed on the map, although they are normally displayed in the base menu. After passing a few tests, I found out a list of such symbols.
Here is the list: ~ @ ^ _ { } | А Б В Г (and all other Cyrillic letters).

There seems to be a problem with the font. Is it possible to change the font for base names to one that supports Cyrillic letters? Or make their input impossible for player base names.

Base Name 1.jpg

Base Name 2.jpg

Base Name 3.jpg

Base Name 4.jpg

There is another funny thing, the game takes a combination of some characters as HTML codes: <B> <U> <I> and others. When such a combination occurs in the base name, it automatically disappears, changing the rest of the name after it.

Here is an example, a screenshot with the name of the base: <U>North<S>Amer

Base Name 5.jpg

Thanks. That's a good spot. What's actually happening is the label on the map uses an old font that doesn't support Cyrillic etc whereas most of the rest of the game uses a newer font that does, so I actually just need to fix that label so it uses the new font and it should work fine. I'll get that done for the hotfix.

The HTML markup stuff is weird. I'll have a chat to the coders about that.

On 6/1/2021 at 10:53 AM, Chris said:

I actually just need to fix that label so it uses the new font and it should work fine.

Thanks, the font change helped.

Although the funny thing with html remains, it's not a big problem. It may even be more like a feature than a bug.

2 hours ago, MrAlex said:

Thanks, the font change helped.

Although the funny thing with html remains, it's not a big problem. It may even be more like a feature than a bug.

Yeah, turns out that's actually going to be quite hard to fix so I think we might leave it in as a cool little feature most people won't know about.