Time for a new master bug thread?

With the new build coming out and the game rapidly approaching beta, many of the 'fixed' issues are going to disappear, and there's a ton of them. Maybe it's time to start a new master bug thread (with more explicit instructions so people don't post in it? Perhaps it could be locked.) Right now we need to search the forums to see if a bug is already reported, but with multiple ways to word something (Do soldiers 'vault' over fences? 'Jump' over 'obstacles'? Etc) it would be really handy just to be able to read a concise list of known but not yet fixed issues for the purposes of reporting (and also to link each bug in the master thread to the forum post reporting it.)

While we're at it, we could also come up with a standard report format - we do that to an extent, but people can often be bad about, say, posting 'steps to replicate', which are really important to have.

Thoughts?

There is a standard format, some people just don't use it.

That wouldn't change if you alter that format.

We could do with a new master bug thread but that would mean someone would need to be there to compile and update it.

I don't think Chris has the time to do it so I guess it would fall to Matthew.

He handles things like bug tracking so have to see if he has time.

What we really could do with is a sticky for each build, detailing known bugs as they occur, and then updating that sticky as fixes come in, carrying any unfixed but confirmed ones over to the next build.

Having one master thread seems good, but as pointed out, eventually becomes full of useless information. Best to keep a contant culling going on in the form of new threads.

What about a new thread with the first post being updated with the changes by some dedicated volunteer as they come in/change. That would work across multiple builds.

I'm saying this as I don't know how many builds there are going to be and it's easier searching one thread than multiples of the late alpha/beta as they come out.

Ideally it would fall to Matthew, but if he doesn't have time (and nobody objects) I'm willing to take a crack at maintaining one myself. The one downside to me doing it would be that as I'm not in direct communication with the team, I wouldn't be able to update bugs to state that they've been fixed, but that's not an essential piece of information - the main purpose of a master bug thread is to inform forum goers of the already-reported bugs and direct them to the appropriate thread, thus reducing re-reports on the forum.

Give it a shot, it can't hurt.

If Matthew or someone else wants to take over later you have already helped by making a start on it for them.

You would only really need to update the bugs with a fixed status each new build anyway, you can get that info from the release notes.