[V8.2 - Ground Combat] Game crashes on Commence Mission

None

Game is crashing after the mission loads.  

What Happened: I had completed a Alien Base mission and then immediately flew the Skyhawk to a UFO crash site and commenced the mission. The map loads but crashes soon after.

Artitas.EntityMutationException: A crash occurred during entity mutation - Mutation [ID: 31, ComponentID: 40, Next: Common.Components.FieldOfViewComponent, Added: True] ---> System.NullReferenceException: A fatal error occurred during Update[] -  - Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Xenonauts.GroundCombat.SightSystem.<OnInitialize>m__4 (Xenonauts.GroundCombat.Components.LifeStatusComponent status) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

My guess is that because I lost someone in combat from the previous mission, the LifeStatusComponent is being set to null/0, and that a check is not being made as to the health status of soldiers that properly handles the case of LifeStatus:Dead. Anywho, good luck and hope this helps!

So Istvan Doczi may very well be the culprit (KIA from previous mission) Just before the crash, he has no life status and was the one that died on the previous mission.

On Skyhawk:

GlobalEntity 354 - Soldier [Name:Istvan Doczi - Rank:corporal] LifeStatus:Dead

Just before crash:

Team:human
    Player:xenonauts
      Actor: ID:14 HP:68|68 ControllerLink( To: Player: ID:13, Name:xenonauts, TeamLink( To: Team: ID:11, Name:human)) Addr:[X:10, Y:0, Z:49] Name:Lea Bertrand Body:human_xenonaut Rank:sergeantmajor LifeStatus:Conscious - , Items:  Primary: 24 - Ballistic Sniper. Secondary: 26 - Ballistic Sub-Machine Gun.
      Actor: ID:31 HP:0|25 ControllerLink( To: Player: ID:13, Name:xenonauts, TeamLink( To: Team: ID:11, Name:human)) Addr:[X:9, Y:0, Z:49] Name:Istvan Doczi Body:human_xenonaut Rank:corporal  - , Items:  Primary: 40 - Ballistic Rifle. Secondary: 41 - Medikit.

groundcombat-100.json

strategy-27.json

strategy-28.json

output.log

Edited by None

Thanks. This is a really good bug report btw - it's got the saves and the commentary that we need to look into what might otherwise be a hard bug to reproduce. I suspect you're right that the dead soldier from the first mission is what's causing the problem; I'll have a chat to the coders about it next week and see if we can get it fixed.