Will aliens mix freely in the later game?

We know there are about 9-10 different alien types in the game, that each alien has their own discrete strengths and weaknesses (the Sebillian hardiness, the Andron ability to break through walls) and we know that each alien type has (depending on alien) 1-5 classes. This makes for variety within each alien type. However, will we see alien types mixing, perhaps in the mid-to-late game? I mean, this already happens in the terror mission with the terror drone, but will we see aliens mixing later on in the game?

I quite liked the sinking dread of knowing which terror units you were going to go up against, or which alien race was in control of a certain mission.

Having them all together homogenises that as far as I'm concerned. The surprise of having an alien appear is offset by none of the basic ones seemingly having wills of their own. They are all just grunts.

I'm not suggesting that a mission be a grab-bag of alien types, but I think it would be stimulating and interesting if mid-to-late game missions featured 2-3 types, and you weren't certain (say, beyond the "dominant" type) what those types would be. It would also beef up the challenge as different racial types would support each other in novel ways.

I think what clarified my position this was the X-Com novel that had them all appear in the first mission and they were just thrown in there.

I think it's a stronger game when the races are reasonably individual and operate that way, albeit controlled by a race above them.

I can see the logic behind a pool of terror units form what I've seen of Xenonauts, so I'd be quite happy with that. It's the best of both actually. Well done devs.