[V3.2 Hotfix - Geoscape] caching issue with savefiles

wulf 21

From Post (in thread with other main topic)

7 hours ago, Shaak said:

delete this post, something wrong with saves happening, but not understand what exactly

After seeing one more report with savefile like this I tried it out and it turns out there really still is some issue with savefiles.

Reproduced it the following way

• start new game
  • place the initial base in North America
  • make a new savegame (I called it testa.sav)
  • load the savefile just created
  • quit to main menu
  • start new game
  • place the initial base in Asia Pacific
  • overwrite the savefile created before (testa.sav)
  • load the savefile --> base is back in North America
  • load the savefile again --> base is back in Asia Pacific

So, there still seems to be the issue that some data still gets cached in RAM and not properly loaded from savefile. Might be the reason why I can only reproduce the "only one laser battery" issue one time after starting from desktop and loading the prepared file.

Edited by wulf 21
realized post was from same person that started the thread, so removed "wrong" word
  • Like 1

Hmmm, that's certainly a weird one. We've already fixed the bug with the laser ammo and the saving so I was half-expecting to not be able to reproduce this, but actually I can. Guess it's either an entirely separate issue from the lasers or our fix didn't properly address the issue.

Either way that's definitely a good find and I'll log this one to get fixed in the near future, as I suspect it'll prevent us having to deal with some truly weird situations once people start playing the game properly. Thanks.