Gaining and Losing Stats

I had two suggestions regarding the stat modifiers. I am not sure if something similar is in use because I don't have a full view of how experience is assigned currently; other than AP gain is related to AP used, accuracy to shots fired and bravery to panic tests. Hopefully this brings something new to the table.

1. Soldiers should get an increase to bravery if they are wounded during a mission. This means that soldiers still become braver just by being on the sharp end of the stick (i.e. your shotgun/breaching soldiers). This represents the fact that they are become less afraid of taking enemy fire as they already have the belief that they can survive it.

2. Soldiers that are wounded should lose some of their strength and or/AP values. It goes without saying that coming back from an injury is a long process and they should not be able to immediately. This might mean that in the late game you have a few grizzled veterans who are fantastic shots, super brave (or indifferent) but who run with a cripple or have a damaged leg that prevents them from being a super soldier (I don't mean in animation, just in stats). Meanwhile your list of pristine soldiers who have never been injured becomes shorter and you value them even more (not wanting to risk putting them through the door first for example).

If anyone is able to shed a light onto whether these things already happen within the system or are to be implemented then that would be swell.

I don't really feel like this makes a lot of sense. Being wounded is just as likely to traumatize you for life. And a soldier who hasn't regained his full strength should not be allowed back into service until he has, so he won't get killed.

You lose soldiers often enough that having them losing stats as well is just beyond cruel imo. :P

Maybe recuperation should be much longer, i.e. a month for a 50% wounded guy and 2 months for a 99% wounded one. Then you really do have to train up rookies but you will want to throw a party when your veteran arrives back on base!