[V9.5.1 - Battlescape] AI Reaction Fire Hitting Wrong Target

I have experience the aforementioned bug a few times now (please confirm whether it is indeed a bug).

Basically you can have a soldier near to the AI and another who is moving further away who then activates the AI reaction fire. I have had several instances where the AI has deliberately shot at and killed the nearest XCOM operative instead of the one instigating the reaction. Either that or his aim is really bad and also extremely lucky.

Can anyone else confirm?

I presume its a coding issue (hopefully not a limitation) that is making the AI simply select the closest target. In fact, It makes me wonder if the target causing the reaction is truly within visual range of the enemy or there is something else going on behind the scenes I don't grasp.

Did the Alien had to turn around to shoot the other moving person, or the moving person was "covered" by the standing soldier next to the alien?

Note: Please note that, the AI in the game is still pretty basic, many changes will be made later.

No the alien was facing towards both soldiers. One was on the south side of the building, stationary and couched. The other was standing on the north side of the building and moving - triggering the reaction. The enemy shot straight at the closes soldier on the South Side. It wasn't a fluke hit either as the same thing happened on another occasion with a guy in the doorway getting hit while his colleague moved about 7 paces away in open terrain.

Yeah, then this shouldn't be happening. Reaction fire should only target the unit doing the moving. Obviously the AI is still being coded but it's worth reporting things like this as the underlying assumptions can be wrong sometimes :)