[V9.5 Air Combat] - Enemy Fighter Incorrect Facing

After being intercepted by an enemy fighter, it was facing away from me. This has happened on 3 occasions with configurations of both 1 and 2 of my own F-17s.

Needless to say instead of it getting the jump on me I was able to get the jump on it!

This is a bug surely?

anytime i go to air combat the ufos are always facing away, they never are using geoscape relative facings. i have never been intercepted while trying to get away though so i didn't think much of it at the time, but you are right.

Interesting.

When engaged by a single fighter I would say that about 70% of the time they are facing away and the other times facing towards you.

Once you come up against groups of 3 fighters they are nearly always facing you when you engage.

Pretty sure the facing is random at the moment.

I remember Chris saying somewhere that he would like to have the starting facing reflect either the geoscape positions or at least which side attacked the other.

Can't remember which exactly, it was quite a busy thread.

It probably won't be done until much later anyway!

The facings should be based on the geoscape heading already. If the fighters are facing towards you it's because they're aggressively heading for your interceptors on the Geoscape. The others should take into account the relative positions of your interceptors - like if you're catching up on the fighters from behind, they'll appear facing away from you. Is this bug report still valid?

The facings should be based on the geoscape heading already. If the fighters are facing towards you it's because they're aggressively heading for your interceptors on the Geoscape. The others should take into account the relative positions of your interceptors - like if you're catching up on the fighters from behind, they'll appear facing away from you. Is this bug report still valid?

Still valid then,

The air superiority fighters are sometimes facing away from you despite being the aggressors.

your probably right, i have been paying close attention to this when i play now, and it would seem that this holds true. though sometimes the fighters want to intercept my fighters, and i don't get the normal screen asking whether to tail them for a bit or not.

though sometimes the fighters want to intercept my fighters, and i don't get the normal screen asking whether to tail them for a bit or not.

when this happens, they have the Air superiority mission and they will face towards your interceptors.