[V9.31 - Ground Combat] Scrath sound and game freeze at end of battle.

Once only I got an annoying sound-loop and the game froze at what should have been the end of combat.

I have tried to find a previous tread and failed so I'll start a new one.

If it is already out there please re-direct me or moderate this one.

I have validated the files, then made the change so there are 0 civilians, but still had some friendlyAI in there.

Cleared at least 15 ground missions with those settings before this problem occured.

The one Sebillian was gunned down by a friendlyAI (which should have ended the mission), but I had the friendlyAI in sight.

Next turn moved some troops and saw the dead alien, which by the way the friendlyAI was still firing upon, if it is of any help.

Ended the turn, hidden movement and then the map was back, centered on the friendlyAI, playing a sound-loop, and I could do nothing (can't tell what sound it was, probably shotgun related, I had to kill the game, lest I'd go insane).

So I removed the assets/levelsetup.xml (it should not be there anyway?), reloaded and got a successful ending.

This time I pretty much sat on my buttocks, did not see the friendlyAI or the Sebillian, but heard the gun-shots, and the mission ended in proper manner, after the civ/friendly had killed the alien.

(Put the levelsetup back in, but this time the friendlies spawned elsewhere, so I had to finish the alien off myself.

Don't think it is related since I cleared a lot of missions before with the levelsetup active).

Almost forgot, this was on Farm, normal difficulty, and fully downloaded files if that is of importance, and the friendly was facing 4 on the num-pad, that is east?

Oh, and the only bad thing I have to say about this game is that it makes me throw away my work ethics (only change one thing at a time, to find the root cause), because I want to play it, and then play it even more!

PVT. DeMente

Thanks Gauddlike,

I have a minor dyslexia problem, so I should have written west. Or maybe all my issues could be related to that I play the game upside-down :-)

Anyway, I cannot repeat this mess after a lot of re-loads, and it does not seem to be a problem for anyone else, so next time I'll report something that is more frequently occuring.

/DeMente

From other peoples experiences it seems that the AI bug can happen at the end of the mission as well as any other time.

It isn't completely fixed by having 0 civvies.

It could just be that you got unlucky.

Still best to report any bug you come across though, even if you can't reproduce it easily someone else may be able to.

So I removed the assets/levelsetup.xml (it should not be there anyway?),

This file currently does nothing. Removing\putting back of this file does nothing with game too.

I'm catch on hidden movement this "Trrrrrrrrrr" sound stuck too.

Edited by zzz

The game often stops during the hidden movement screen. I think the issue is caused by this. Today I've played like 20 ground combats, and had only this issue (except the ones I was checking :P). I think DeMente just had bad luck, that the game stopped in his last turn.

Anyway, I'm going to try and "play around" with the AI soldiers winning the map.

For me it was (in 9.31) the main game, have not tried the terror mission quick battle ever.

Will try it to hear if it is the new drone's sound.

Yes it was very much like the movement drone sound, but looping.

Edited by DeMente
should have checked first, then written reply.