How can a mod replace the fonts?

Sheepy

Update: At time of original post there were some other modding issues.
With those resolved which means a mod is feasible barring the font issue, I've reported this as an XCE bug.

I'm doing a Chinese translation mod for X:CE.
The hard part is done - every text translated, properly working as a mod, and get some working fonts.

Now the problem I face... I can't override the fonts as a mod:

1. Arial.mvec does not work as fallback, at least not for Chinese.  If I only override arial.mvec, I won't see Chinese in dialogs or Xenopedia. Only English and numbers.

2. The fonts are placed in the mod, in "fonts" folder, but it's no use.

3. If I write Chinese in modinfo.xml, the launcher won't display them correctly.

I don't mind the fallback issue much.  But I can't solve the remaining two issues.

Is this a known limitation?  If yes, can it be fixed?
Attached is an example mod.  After installation everything is blank unless the fonts are manually replaced (and duplicated, in case of dialogs/xenopedia).

P.S. Is it possible to translate the launcher?

mod_xce_zh.0_34_2_20161028.zip

Edited by Sheepy
Link to bug thread

On 04/11/2016 at 9:58 PM, drages said:

You need to change the game files rather then trying to make a mod if you want those. 

Thanks. There are quite a few drawbacks to replacing files (workshop incompatibility, xce incompatibility, forward incompatible etc.), that's why I eventually posted it as a bug.

But it doesn't look like I've much choice. I'm splitting it up into replace part and mod part and wrote an install guide. :(

8 hours ago, Sheepy said:

Thanks. There are quite a few drawbacks to replacing files (workshop incompatibility, xce incompatibility, forward incompatible etc.), that's why I eventually posted it as a bug.

But it doesn't look like I've much choice. I'm splitting it up into replace part and mod part and wrote an install guide. :(

I know what you feel because i wanted to edit some files too but it failed because of the game engine.. Nobody can do anything about it.