Xenonauts Let's Play

Hi, everyone! I'm doing a let's play series off Xenonauts Community Edition on my YouTube channel and I decided to post an announcement here on the off chance anyone was looking for a Xenonauts play through, or a random means to wile away 20~ minutes (I've been told I'm "somewhat entertaining!"). I'm fairly new to video creating and I'm also relatively inexperienced with Xenonauts (only 40~ hours as of post time) so any advice and whatnot would be greatly appreciated!

I do hope this is an appropriate area to post this, but seeing as I could find no forum rules I have made the assumption that this is allowed.

But without further ado I shall link to the first video of the series.

Thank you for your time!

• 2 weeks later...

Charon :

I've been following that other Youtuber's XDivision playthrough. It's on an older version of Xenonauts tho... It's very interesting but there is one thing which bother me : Everytime the aliens shots him, his soldier's armor resists the fire. He almost never gets hurt. Is that behavior changed in XDivision 0.99 ?

Since I finished Xenonauts CE (and published the endgame to my channel, but it's in French), I want to give XDivision a try.

2 minutes ago, OzoneGrif said:

Charon :

I've been following that other Youtuber's XDivision playthrough. It's on an older version of Xenonauts tho... It's very interesting but there is one thing which bother me : Everytime the aliens shots him, his soldier's armor resists the fire. He almost never gets hurt. Is that behavior changed in XDivision 0.99 ?

Yes, 0.99 is way more difficult in every aspect, you will have an overflowing graveyard and propalby fail at the end of phase 2 ( I guess ):

9 minutes ago, OzoneGrif said:

Since I finished Xenonauts CE (and published the endgame to my channel, but it's in French), I want to give XDivision a try.

As much as i love that you would cover X-Division I think there are some points which might speak against that yet:

• There are various bugs which is not the problem but future patches could cause the zero cd bug where terror and base attack happen every wave and i havent found a reliable way to fix this yet ( which isnt a problem as long as you dont have to patch the game ).
  • Some patches might need a restart (same ).
  • We havent checked phase 3, 4 and the endgame with hundreds of players yet. This means there could be some game breaking bugs like the praetor attack freeze. Furthermore the endgame is temporarily in place but there is a lot more content comeing with patches.
  • The story in the Xpedia is not in place yet, and propably wont be for a long time. Writing 900 entries is like writing one and a half Harry Potter book.

I dont really think this is a problem as long as you and your viewers are aware of the fact that

• X-Division is still a work in progress
  • X-Division is hard as fuck
  • you propably wont be able to play from the beginnin through to the endgame in one go because of difficulty and various endgame bugs we havent fixed yet.

If you want to try it i suggest

• Easy or normal difficulty
  • Easy Airgame mod

Thanks for your reply Charon.

I don't plan to stream a beta version anyway, I just wanted to give it a private try. :)

The story in the Xpedia is not in place yet, and propably wont be for a long time. Writing 900 entries is like writing one and a half Harry Potter book.

I don't think you need to write a whole story (unless you really find someone passionate). The most important things are :

- Correct sentences with decent grammar and few typoes. The few text entries I seen were quickly thrown at the player's face and not very appealing, although, the pictures are really cool (good job there).

- A short description of the object with what it is, what it does, its strengths and weaknesses, its stats.

X-Division is hard as fuck

XCom was hard as fuck, so I don't mind difficulty as long as failing doesn't mean game over or reloading a save. I've already managed to fail-win a mission by taking an unconscious corpse in my backpack and run to the Charlie to escape with my prisoner.

Maybe you should provide a mid-game and end-game save (or mod) for people to test the game from there.