UFO not giving Alenium

SoulFilcher

I have this bug for a few days now where starting UFOs won't give alenium or reactors, so I can't research them and go on playing the game. Today I tried to use Steam's file verification and it said 38 files would be replaced. Then I triedto start a new game but nothing changed.

I had cases where I got alenium but it wasn't sent to research, so I had it in my store room but couldn't research it.

Edited by SoulFilcher

I have this bug for a few days now where starting UFOs won't give alenium or reactors, so I can't research them and go on playing the game. Today I tried to use Steam's file verification and it said 38 files would be replaced. Then I triedto start a new game but nothing changed.

Were the ufos intact? or they crushed down with power source destroyed. Did you loot power sources after GC? As i know the only alenium loot is at power sources and if ufo shot down and lost its powersource, you cant get any alenium.

Power sources are not looted after the mission even though they are intact. It happened to one UFO that landed by itself.

If your landed ufo didnt give any alenium, yep there should be a problem. It's started after 33.1?

Did you play with map files and maybe you erased the ability to loot reactors?

No changes to maps, no mods beyond the map packs, extra cars and portraits that come with CE. I don't know if it started with 33.1.

Start the game with gc editor exe and go for some "landed" ufos, press G and directly finish he missions.. see what you get.. we need to be purely sure that what the problem is.

Edit: Checked landing ship and carrier, they both gave me alenium.

Edited by drages

I'm pretty sure the Alenium tech is unlocked by the alien reactor rather than Alenium (a hang-up from when the former used to have it's own research project). That doesn't entirely solve the issue you're having but collecting Alenium itself isn't enough.

I'm pretty sure the Alenium tech is unlocked by the alien reactor rather than Alenium (a hang-up from when the former used to have it's own research project). That doesn't entirely solve the issue you're having but collecting Alenium itself isn't enough.

Kabill.. by the way about your 0.33 power source explosive percentage addition. As i remember every ufo or powersource got its own explode possibility (which we used it before, i dont remember exact place), so how is your 0.33 code working? Overwriting every old explode codes?

Just can you explain shortly how we can handle this percentage after 0.33?

Kabill.. by the way about your 0.33 power source explosive percentage addition. As i remember every ufo or powersource got its own explode possibility (which we used it before, i dont remember exact place), so how is your 0.33 code working? Overwriting every old explode codes?

Just can you explain shortly how we can handle this percentage after 0.33?

All that was added was the size of the explosion and the chance of fire. The chance of the explosion itself has always been in gameconfig and sets it for all power cores. The only thing you can change in the spectres is whether something is flagged as a power core or not.

All that was added was the size of the explosion and the chance of fire. The chance of the explosion itself has always been in gameconfig and sets it for all power cores. The only thing you can change in the spectres is whether something is flagged as a power core or not.

Thx!