X:CE 0.31HF1 - Mod menu settings not 'sticking', names getting tripled, updates crash

endersblade

I recently started playing Xeno again after a long hiatus, and I noticed the new mod list where you turn them on or off, etc. In my list, the X:CE mods start at the bottom (15-17 for me). Trying to launch the game tells me they need to be moved, I select yes, I assume it does that. However, after exiting the game and going back to the mod menu, they're back at the bottom, and everything is deactivated. I have tried moving them to be number 1-3, and then I activate all my mods, and launch the game...but as soon as I exit and go back to the mod menu, they're back at the bottom of the list and all of my mods are deactivated!

On top of that, randomly for some reason, one mod or another with have THREE listings, all identical to each other. I was using the "Real Fighters" portrait mod, and it showed up as three slots in the mod menu. I removed it, and now Phen's Rank and Medal Overhaul has three.

Thirdly, if I have any mods from the steam workshop and they have an update, clicking the update button locks it up until it eventually crashes. I let it sit there for a good 5 minutes in case it was just taking a while to do it, but as soon as I mouse back over the window, it crashes. This has happened with Lore+, and Khall's More Portraits.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Capture.thumb.JPG.6dacc875fd517955f31a77

The first point is fixed in XCE 0.32RC3. I suspect the third point is Steam Workshop downloads being flaky - there seems to be some magic involved in actually getting a subscribed mod to download that I'm not clear on (and Xenonauts isn't the only game I've seen with this kind of problem).

I've raised a support issue with Steam regarding point 3 and gotten an automated email back thanking me for my issue. This was at the start of the week. I'll re-raise the issue after sacrificing a chicken to Papa Legba. Steam has absolutely the worst support I have ever seen, bar none.

Edited by Max_Caine