podbelski

[X:CE 0.31 HF1] Alien base GC freeze while loading

1. When a dropship engages an alien base the game is freezed on a loading screen. This was tested just for an Outpost.

The logfile:

ALIENBASE_GC_LOADING_FREEZE.zip

, and here is the critical excerpt:
00000058	31.16046333	[5404] {GCLoading}: AddToScene (ufo submap) took 0.043104sec	00000059	31.16049767	[5404] Loading dropship submap: "alienbase/SpawnMaps/NW/spawn.xml".	00000060	31.16060257	[5404] Failed to load the dropship submap.	00000061	31.16062737	[5404] Cannot build the map for AlienBase tileset! Exiting...	

2. Workaround/solution: creating a subfolder "assets/maps/alienbase/SpawnMaps/NW/" and putting there a copy of default spawn.xml fixes the bug (from "alienbase/SpawnMaps/spawn.xml").

3. The list of used mods, but seems none of them is changing anything for the alienbase maps and tilesets:

[ATTACH]6062[/ATTACH]

4. I'm not giving a savegame as it will crash w/o the mod of my own (XNTTweaks). Can share upon a request.

XENO_USED_MODS_LIST.jpg

XENO_USED_MODS_LIST.thumb.jpg.3bf65b8d10

yep it never occured before I moved to new XCE...

also, it happens not always, sometimes I even could not reproduce it...

Might be wrong, but I suspect that it's random because it's only some maps which are trying to use a submap which doesn't exist (so the problem is only manifesting when those maps try to load). At least there's a fairly simple solution which can be easily integrated into future versions of XCE.