To reload or not to reload that is the question!

how much do you save scum? (reload a combat situation)  

20 members have voted

1. 1. how much do you save scum? (reload a combat situation)

• All the time! they shall only die when i give them the order to die!
    • only when I lose a veteran or someone I like~
    • when things go horribly wrong and it looks like we're about to lose
    • Never! if they died then they were no xenonauts material to begin with!

I save at the start of every month, and when I have to stop playing. If a horrible failure occurs, I'll reload and do the month again as a penalty. After having started the game over so many times that I lost count (iron man, veteran, first playtrough), I decided to cut myself some slack, and play veteran with this save system. Once this play through is finished, I'll install some mods and start iron manning again...

Whelp, when I first started playing I named my soldiers after friends and family--boy was that a mistake! ^_^

After those incidents I learned I couldn't save everyone and just stripped them of their most human aspect so I could focus more on the battle at hand! (I named my Heavies "Heavy-X" or "Rapidfire-X" and named my other soldiers similarly)

Since then I've done MUCH better during battles and rarely ever save scum. Unless of course I decide the mission should've been aborted before the battle even started and a rookie should be sent in to be sacrificed, in which case then I might save scum a little bit...

I reload when things go horribly stupid. I can deal with "horribly wrong". I can deal with multiple soldiers dying. But "oops, I just dropped a grenade on my foot instead of throwing it" or "I tried to fire due north, but instead shot the guy to my east in the back"? I don't think so.