[X:CE 0.31 HF1] - No aliens in Battleship

CTKnudsen

When going after a downed Battleship, there are no aliens generated on the map, so the battle is won after the first turn.

This has happened twice now, with both Battleships I have gone after. I have not tried a landed one.

Att is the autosave at mission start - I noticed a lengthy pause in the first half of the load cycle that does not normally occur on carrier missions.

[ATTACH]5983[/ATTACH]

In addition, the game insists on selling the singularity core, despite that I would like to build a singularity cannon.

Mods used:

Armoured Assault 1.2

Random Map Pack Arctic 1.0

Random Map Pack Desert 0.2

Random Map Pack Farm 1.4

Khall's More Portraits 1.0

Lore+ 1.1

Furies, Terrors and Dreadnoughts

XCE Balance and Settings 0.31

XCE Base 0.31 HF1

Thanks for your help!

Autosave2.sav

Autosave2.sav

Edited by CTKnudsen

When going after a downed Battleship, there are no aliens generated on the map, so the battle is won after the first turn. I have not tried a landed one.

The game insists on selling the singularity core, despite that I would like to build a singularity cannon.

Mods used:

Armoured Assault 1.2

Random Map Pack Arctic 1.0

Random Map Pack Desert 0.2

Random Map Pack Farm 1.4

Khall's More Portraits 1.0

Lore+ 1.1

Furies, Terrors and Dreadnoughts

XCE Balance and Settings 0.31

XCE Base 0.31 HF1

If you had a save of just before entering the mission, that would be optimal as I would be able to test if all of the alien crew are dying by the "killCrewOnPowerCoreExplodedChance" RNG or Not.

The singularity core being auto-sold is a problem with the Items.xml file of "Furies, Terrors and Dreadnoughts".

Here's how you fix the singularity core being auto-sold:

Step 1 - Go to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Xenonauts\assets\mods\Furies, Terror, and Dreadnoughts Oh My"

Step 2 - Open "Items.xml" with Notepad.

Step 3 - Press "Ctrl+F", type "AlienSingularityCore" in and press "Enter".

Step 4 - Delete the following snipet of code:

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0">

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Items.AlienSingularityCore</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:Index="4"><Data ss:Type="String">Capped</Data></Cell>

<Cell ss:Index="6" ss:StyleID="s63"/>

</Row>

NOTICE: Should you Re-Validate the files via Steam you will have to repeat steps 1-4.

Edited by Man of Doge

So I took a look at the "killCrewOnPowerCoreExplodedChance" variable, and it seemed reasonable. So I went and shot down another BShip, made a save with the Dropship enroute, and loaded the Battlescape up. To my surprise, it worked! And has worked a second time since.

The only change I made was the above one to the FTD mod. It is possible that I just had two outlier Power core explosions in a row? At any rate, I will carry on. If the problem reasserts itself, I will upload a relevant save.

Thanks again!

Chris

Power core explosions shouldn't make any difference: they don't affect singularity cores and (IIRC) they don't change the likelihood of aliens being killed in the crash any more either.

If I remember, I'll have a look at this and see if I can figure out what's going on (along with correcting the oversight with the singularity core) when I'm back after Christmas.

Power core explosions shouldn't make any difference: they don't affect singularity cores and (IIRC) they don't change the likelihood of aliens being killed in the crash any more either.

If I remember, I'll have a look at this and see if I can figure out what's going on (along with correcting the oversight with the singularity core) when I'm back after Christmas.

Silly you! :P I already found a fix! ^_^

If you had a save of just before entering the mission, that would be optimal as I would be able to test if all of the alien crew are dying by the "killCrewOnPowerCoreExplodedChance" RNG or Not.

The singularity core being auto-sold is a problem with the Items.xml file of "Furies, Terrors and Dreadnoughts".

Here's how you fix the singularity core being auto-sold:

Step 1 - Go to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Xenonauts\assets\mods\Furies, Terror, and Dreadnoughts Oh My"

Step 2 - Open "Items.xml" with Notepad.

Step 3 - Press "Ctrl+F", type "AlienSingularityCore" in and press "Enter".

Step 4 - Delete the following snipet of code:

NOTICE: Should you Re-Validate the files via Steam you will have to repeat steps 1-4.

Battleship crashes are still properly spawning battlescapes, and I am building my first singularity cannon. However, two new issues have arisen:

1. I got a dreadnaught terror mission that hung when loading the battlescape; and

2. I can't research the Fury, for some reason.

I wonder if this is all tied into the FTD mod somehow.

Happy Festivus!

Battleship crashes are still properly spawning battlescapes, and I am building my first singularity cannon. However, two new issues have arisen:

1. I got a dreadnought terror mission that hung when loading the geoscape; and

2. I can't research the Fury, for some reason.

I wonder if this is all tied into the FTD mod somehow.

Happy Festivus!

The Fury requires the following in order to Research:

Corsair Interceptor, Alien Antigravity Generator and Alien Reactor

If you had the mod disabled during the time when ANY of those items/researches were obtained/comepleted, You will be unable to research the Fury.

As for the Dreadnought crashing the geoscape; I currently have no idea why that's happened to you.

And a happy Festivus to you too! ^_^