[V9.1] Ground Combat - Fog of War

Softening the border between tiles with sight and unexplored tiles like the way Buzu has it would help make the game look a lot better. I'm indifferent to whether or not there is an outline. The current contrast on the tile graphics just looks jarring. Honestly, I thought the current unexplored tiles were a placeholder.

On a side note regarding the lore, aren't all the satellites destroyed by the aliens anyways?

I'd expect that they would be, yeah. Actually, that would be a great thing to say at the start of the game, if there's an opening intro something or other.

Like,

"Be aware, Commander: when the soldiers boots hit the ground we will not have any maps of the area.

All our ground imagery satellites have been shot down by the alien fleet orbiting the planet, and making aerial-photography recon flights are too time consuming; we would have to plan the mission, launch the planes, return to base, develop the photographs, and make maps based on the photographs. We simply don't have the time for that to happen.

Because we are a rapid response organization and cannot wait for suitable recon, we will have to be our own recon team. Again, you will not have a map of the area, so be extra cautious."

Something like that.

If something like building outlines or the like are visible before we explore them, like Chris said we might get later on as a feature, then we can just add,

"While you will not have a map of the area, you will be able to get a basic view of the mission site as the Charlie dropship approaches. Due to the flight pattern of the Charlie, however, any specific details, such as hostile locations and numbers, will be unknown. Again, use extreme caution while exploring the area."