Curiosity question (right clicking ufo while interceptor are airborne)

Hii,

Let's say I sent an interceptors to a certain location, while the interceptors are airborned my radar detects an alien ship.

and the pop-up menu appear to intercept it..When I click 'intercept' I can't chose the interceptors because they are ariborned already (they are not ready).

Is that makes sense? why I can't divert the interceptors to the ufo ship? this is much more convenient to divert an interceptors when the game detects a ufo and the pop up window appears (rather than clicking at the interceptor and chose new target).

maybe at the late game that make more sense I don't know.

What do you think?

It's a nice idea, but it only makes sense in the context of Marauders and perhaps Corsairs. You need aircraft with long loiter times to benefit from that. Dropships don't like staying around and the first interceptor aircraft you get don't have the fuel for staying in the air. Because a fair amount of the game is spent with aircraft that must return to base fairly quickly, that sets the mind to thinking "return to base". You'd really need early-game interceptors designed to stay in the air and long-range AWACs to do it right.

You can 'divert' it. Just click on it and choose 'select new target' and there you go.

I remember I've read about some WIP mod where you could have floating bases for interceptors, like carriers. So you could move the mobile floating base where your radar coverage is weak. Never heard of it anymore tho.

Edited by BULIGO

You can 'divert' it. Just click on it and choose 'select new target' and there you go.

The thing is that sometimes ( I guess specially in the early stage of the game) you can send the interceptors to an event like alien activity or ufo sighted.

But while they are inflight you can detect a ufo that may be in the other direction, but you can't intercept it in the pup-up menu because your interceptors are inflight already so you need to click them and change the target to the ufo which is a bit annoying if you think about it.

The thing is that sometimes ( I guess specially in the early stage of the game) you can send the interceptors to an event like alien activity or ufo sighted.

But while they are inflight you can detect a ufo that may be in the other direction, but you can't intercept it in the pup-up menu because your interceptors are inflight already so you need to click them and change the target to the ufo which is a bit annoying if you think about it.

I see it this way: they have their orders. If I want to change those orders, I need to radio in. :)

On the upper-right part of the Geoscape there is a button 'send interceptors'. Those 'with orders' will appear as busy (white instead of green). Seems to work as intended to me. Not saying it is 100% correct, just..okay.

One of the research items in the game should be additional interceptor fuel tanks. Yadda, yadda, dreams are for free. :)

Well, the struggle for air superiority is the main challenge in the game, since people have finished the game evenon harder difficulties only with ballistic weapons (allegedly).

Also, ity is easy to start a new career with bazillions of millions and..live forever and ever..with a stained coscience. Or not. :)

Edited by BULIGO