Difficulty difference?

Aliens get more health, more damage and higher stats, but the crew sizes are the same. On geoscape its the other way around, your planes get slower, your weapons weaker and the events generated by UFOs cost you more income.

Thats certainly not a list of all the differences, someone who mods, or has actually played a lower difficulty and then changed would know of more.

I doubt theres more aliens/UFOs spawning though, theyre so low on insane, that spawning any less could be against the law.

Point is... I wouldnt expect you to find the game more challenging on a higher difficulty, more annyoing is more like it. :)

Point is... I wouldnt expect you to find the game more challenging on a higher difficulty, more annyoing is more like it. :)

Thats what i was afraid of...:(

I remember i was playing one of Ufo-something games with mod x10 enemy spawns.They were equally strong and battles were great.

Chances that i will fail were same as to fight few boosted aliens,but when that happend i was proud my soldiers was able to kill so many of them.When i fail now,i want to yell at monitor and smash something to it.And usually its becouse things dont works as i expected from this game.

Any chance some mods like that around? I tried few but i rather ask.

One of the reasons why I'm avoiding playing on insane (even though I'm doing quite well on veteran) is that after getting used to veteran the geoscape nerfs (especially plane speeds) are going to be very annoying.

I felt the income damage, when the patch hit, but the speeds... nothing changes really, maybe a few scouts will fly over the ocean and laugh at you.

Any chance some mods like that around? I tried few but i rather ask.

XNT - Into darkness the flight of Josh Eales version 5.2 was pretty good. Since 5.3, I cant bring myself to play it enough to judge it. (just kidding i judge it harshly to everyone I meet.) But if you only played vanilla and there was something missing chances are, its already included and/or taken out already. :D

Read up on it here:

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11449-X1-08-X-CE-0-25HF-XNT-Into-Darkness-Mod-V5-3-The-Firebat

"I remember i was playing one of Ufo-something games with mod x10 enemy spawns." Yea with that and more troops per dropship it would be fun. Id probably go with veteran or even normal. I get the feeling that the turns would get crazy slow. :D

Edited by ViniJones

I just started playing Xenonauts seriously and of course on Veteran. I'll probably switch to Normal becuase right now it's fun only up to the point where the thrid encounter with androns kills a whole squad or only one or two make it back. That itself is no problem and I'd go on, but unfortunaly you lose the laser weapons and the armor, too. I never have enough money on Veteran so even if I want to fight on, Geoscape circumstances leave me with little money and I have to fight with balistic weapons and no armor again. The game over screen follows soon.

For me, Veteran Xenonauts has the same problem as "Classic" with XCOM (2012). If you lose once, you can't recover even if you give it your best.

I guess I will find a mod to fix this. And while complaining, it's still an awesome game and I'm having a lot of fun!

Actually, since Enemy Within, Ive been able to come back even from a total wipe on an I/I run. But lets leave firaxis out of this.

Here in Xenonauts I go 2 squads most of the time, just because I can, when a blue andron terror mission goes south, replacements arent privates. The gear can be replaced if you take a break from GC. Air superiority makes that possible.

Here in Xenonauts I go 2 squads most of the time, just because I can, when a blue andron terror mission goes south, replacements arent privates. The gear can be replaced if you take a break from GC. Air superiority makes that possible.

I will try that, just doing air superitority. In another thread I read that you have to find out how to play the game because it won't play like old UFO which is true and good because this is xenonauts. I thought I have to make all the missions, but this could be an option. Looking forward to try it out!