[v1.08/XCE v0.25] Minor AI Tweaks

kabill

Minor AI Tweaks

Features:

- Small AI tweaks to try and overcome some of the issues faced by the AI. At the moment, all the mod does is reduce the minimum accuracy threshold to avoid issues where the AI simply wanders around not doing anything even when it can shoot.

Download:

v0.1: [ATTACH]4985[/ATTACH] (last updated 16/07/2014)

Install Instructions:

Simply unpack the mod into your Xenonauts directory. It will overwrite aiprops.xml

Uninstall Instructions:

Verify game cache or overwrite with a backup of aiprops.xml

Minor AI Tweaks.zip

Minor AI Tweaks.zip

Which issues take this mod in consideration? :)

It's just the minimum fire chance.

A lot of aliens are blocked from taking shots if their chance of hitting is less than ~30-35% (or more!). When you factor in modifiers for shot types and cover, aliens are frequently left unable to take shots. What this function is supposed to do is encourage aliens without good shots to try and find better ones, but in my experience it often leads to aliens wandering around rather than doing anything productive (especially noticeable in UFOs).

So all I've done is reduce the thresholds to 5%. It's hardly perfect, but the idea is that they'd be better shooting than doing nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried this and while AI shooting aggressiveness seemed to go up (which is nice), I feel the shootouts have become much more static as aliens don't move that much (at all?) any more, as they prefer to just stand and shoot in every situation. Also they seem to hit corners and adjacent obstacles a lot too, which I haven't noticed them doing that much before. Maybe increase the minimum accuracy treshold a bit? Maybe 15?

Edited by Skitso