[X1.08 + X:CE 0.25HF] Xenophobia - an addon mod for XNT

Great Mods , thanks for that your guys are heros.

That said , I get crash after research rocket launcher tanks when i click on garage , everything else seems to work fine. without your mod pack it seems crash free.

I have installed 5.3 and your mod as described, no more. Gonna try another game see if i get the crash again and report back here

edit: this was btw with 1.1.5 , gonna download 1.1.6 see if i get it again

Edited by Lugalbandak

Any thoughts on this radar layout?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4982[/ATTACH]

I tend to lose bases a lot. Sometimes I even get attacked immediately after the command center is built and I haven't had the time to build missile launchers or recruit troops.

I have to fortify any base without expeditionary troops with lots of missile launchers and cheap soldiers/equipment.

I've once lost a base even while save-scumming because I ran out of ammo (ballistic rifles against vipers), and the soldiers weren't too keen on using their fists.

Air superiority is a good substitute for base defense however.

Edited by Amyclas

Change Log:

Added acid sprayer + ammo

Added stun gas sprayer + ammo

Added M56 Smartgun (uses precision rifle ammo)

Added M240 Incinerator + ammo

Fixed researches.xml to better match XNT 5.3's xml. Should fix base upgrade research...etc.

Fixed shields and medipacks taking no TUs to reload/repair.

Re-balanced XNT flamer (100 clip size instead of 300, lowered damage slightly)

Increased airstrike money values slightly to reward you fairly for airstrikes on the larger craxhed UFOs.

Moved flamer so it unlocks with the more advanced ballistic weapons and not so early.

Increased costs of flamer ammo slightly

If you are balancing the flamer, perhaps you could look into the multi-ammo rifle and shotgun too. Their incendiary ammo makes most of the other early game ballistic weapons redundant. Maybe they need more cost, or more research.

Yeah...how the hell do you afford all that upkeep and keep the aliens from steam rolling your bases? Heh. Other than that, well played good sir. Well. Played.

Oh that's just for research purposes, doubt I could afford it. Just trying to Min/Max the game a bit to see whats the best I could accomplish by games end. I changed the build times to 1 day to make it happen fast so I could avoid losing bases while figuring it out.

Great Mods , thanks for that your guys are heros.

That said , I get crash after research rocket launcher tanks when i click on garage , everything else seems to work fine. without your mod pack it seems crash free.

I have installed 5.3 and your mod as described, no more. Gonna try another game see if i get the crash again and report back here

edit: this was btw with 1.1.5 , gonna download 1.1.6 see if i get it again

This was a very old bug back from like v1.0.0, I checked it in 1.1.6 and it seems fine. Did you build the Hunter Rocket Launcher tank and then goto the garage?

The economy is difficult to set up to avoid thinks like Rage post here. There is a delicate balance. The idea is that the player found hard to reach maximun 3 bases at top. Obviusly economy is broken.

He clearly stated he modded the build times to 1 day. The game economy has nothing to do with it if he cheats :)

If you are balancing the flamer, perhaps you could look into the multi-ammo rifle and shotgun too. Their incendiary ammo makes most of the other early game ballistic weapons redundant. Maybe they need more cost, or more research.

Agreed. I was thinking the EXACT same thing also. I'll probably end up moving the INC/HE ammo to unlock alongside alenium explosives further along in the game and gonna look at nerfing its damage too...

Stun ammo on the multi-ammo shotgun seems useless, gotta see about fixing that also.

i got a crash after researching i think it was advanced ballistics sidearms(where you unlock the AA12 shotgun i think), i got some #### items names for build in workshop and now game crash when i look at advanced weapons tab, it its normal?

using 1.1.6 fix

anyway awsome mod compilation.

Edited by asierus24

*empty medipack (00/25) fill up automatically when you re-loads the game

*AK47 does not have the correct type of ammunition

AK47 ammo is fixed in the next patch, the save/load issue is not something I can fix with the medipacks sadly...just gotta live with that :(

i got a crash after researching i think it was advanced ballistics sidearms(where you unlock the AA12 shotgun i think), i got some #### items names for build in

I've tested the advanced ballistics...etc and not seeing any crash or ####. My guess is that you may need to re-copy XNT 5.3, then reapply Xenophobia 1.16+hotfix over it. Could be bad files.

Edited by Slayerjerman

AK47 ammo is fixed in the next patch, the save/load issue is not something I can fix with the medipacks sadly...just gotta live with that :(

I've tested the advanced ballistics...etc and not seeing any crash or ####. My guess is that you may need to re-copy XNT 5.3, then reapply Xenophobia 1.16+hotfix over it. Could be bad files.

just reinstalled everything and worked fine in new game :) thanks

He clearly stated he modded the build times to 1 day. The game economy has nothing to do with it if he cheats :)

Yes I cheated so I could actually get them built. Not to play that way. I was just pointing out that was the most efficient base layout I could come up with. Had I not modified it to do the layout the bases would have been invaded before I could have gotten them built. I did not touch the range on the radars, just the number of days to build.

I was more interested in feedback if someone else had found a more efficient layout with less than 9 bases covering all cities on the map.

This was a very old bug back from like v1.0.0, I checked it in 1.1.6 and it seems fine. Did you build the Hunter Rocket Launcher tank and then goto the garage?

Yes excatly like you describe , 1.1.6 seems te be cool tho , no crahses and i builded the rocket launcher tank and went to the garage.

Did you know that your flamethrowers do kinetic damage, but the fire axe does incendiary damage?

Flamethrowers... with real impact on throwing the flames, and fire axes, with real fire.

I left flamers with kinetic because it seemed that when they were set to incendiary damage they wouldnt break walls and junk. With the Acid Sprayer and Stun Gas Sprayer I set those to "chemical" and they dont damage walls...

I can try changing it and retesting. As for the fire axe, thats just a copy/paste error on my part that I need to fix. LOL.

hey,

I am using XP together with XNT, all latest versions of course.

I got the problem that my soldiers wont get promoted. It says the have no combat experience even if the have already been in several missions. stats increase normally though.

any ideas why promotions dont work?

I get a runtime error when I research advanced heavy lasers.

Possible a syntex error in the research file.

I replaced the 1.16 research file with the 1.15 research file to get my game going again. But I'm not getting upgrades for the aircraft weapons.

EDIT: Manually added the aircraft weapon replacements.

I can't fix the 1.16 file, but I can get the 1.15 to give me aircraft weapons.

Edited by Amyclas

I left flamers with kinetic because it seemed that when they were set to incendiary damage they wouldnt break walls and junk. With the Acid Sprayer and Stun Gas Sprayer I set those to "chemical" and they dont damage walls...

I can try changing it and retesting. As for the fire axe, thats just a copy/paste error on my part that I need to fix. LOL.

As a matter of preference, I find that incendiary weapons break terrain and obstacles much better than kinetic ones. It's also much easier to damage lightly armoured enemies with single digit incendiary damage than single digit kinetic damage, so I personally change my flamethrowers to incendiary.

Incendiary fire axes are just swell though. I now use it as a backup weapon for my stun sprayer troopers. Everyone else gets a rocking axe. (I'm at the late-laser stage of the game.)

As for other bugs, the manufactures are still labelled wrongly, but it's not game breaking.

Also, base upgrades research is still bugged.

Thanks again for a great mod.

Edited by Amyclas

hey,

I am using XP together with XNT, all latest versions of course.

I got the problem that my soldiers wont get promoted. It says the have no combat experience even if the have already been in several missions. stats increase normally though.

any ideas why promotions dont work?

If you look at gameconfig.xml you'll find that the requirements for promotion are much higher than in XNT or vanilla. 50 points to corporal, then uphill from there.

I tweaked my game to 20 points for corporal because all those privates running around can drive a fireteam insane through their collective noobness.

If you look at gameconfig.xml you'll find that the requirements for promotion are much higher than in XNT or vanilla. 50 points to corporal, then uphill from there.

I tweaked my game to 20 points for corporal because all those privates running around can drive a fireteam insane through their collective noobness.

LOL - exactly thats what is happening to my team as well. thanks for the hint!

Slayer take a look at this save. I'm crashing every time I engage a squadron of 3 fighters/interceptors. I've run it a couple hundred times in different scenarios, nothing seems to get me past them.

When I engage, then click following the completion it freezes and crashes.

[ATTACH]5052[/ATTACH]

*Update* The game only crashes when I autoresolve the air combat against 3 fighters/heavy fighters/ or interceptors. if I actually control the fight myself, it does not crash when I beat them.

**Update 2** It also crashes with Bomber & 2 Fighters. All others seem to work fine.

During.sav

During.sav

Edited by Ragefury

Also just completed the Base Upgrade and could not click go to Go to Base, Cancel or Close out the Xenopedia on that research completion. All others prior to Base Upgrade have proven no problem.

[ATTACH]5054[/ATTACH][ATTACH]5053[/ATTACH]

During save just hit fast forward and unlock research for it to lock up.

Autosave was a save following the research that happened in middle of lock up.

During.sav

Aut.sav

During.sav

Aut.sav

Edited by Ragefury