Dynamic UFO spawns

Solver

Don't know if you remember, but back when we were discussing this I'd made the suggestion of having the alien ticker rate be the rate at which bases increase in size. My thinking for this was primarily in terms of supply missions, since they can be set to give a bump to the alien ticker when they complete and that would therefore help bases grow. But having supply missions directly affect base growth is a much better way of doing it. (Not knowing anything about coding, I apparently insist on looking for workarounds rather than going for the obvious 'well why not just add in an extra variable to deal with that' solution.)

No maps for that though.

Out of wonder, though, how difficult would it be to add something like that in (lets say, 5 levels rather than 3)?

Without the maps, you could simply set it up (a la vanilla) to have three levels having the upgrades go 1->3->5. But there'd be the extra levels for people who want to add them in.

That's ok, Kevin's got the hang of the submap editor and the actual map editor is much easier ;)

(To be honest, this function could easily just be used to change the alien loadouts while keeping the existing maps until some get produced.)

The problem is that I can't have more than one entry for the same UFO type as it's using the UFO type as an indicator for merging rows. As it is, it blocks the whole mod (old file-replacement method notwithstanding).

It's also a problem for the revised crew lists, as again it will be using the first column (one of the mission crew lists) as the identifiers for merging rows.

Um, apparently I lied in the post above.

I just did some testing using the Scouting mission file (modifying the proper file rather than using the mod loader).

I tried changing it to:

Light Scout 0 90

Scout 0 10

Light Scout 50 10

Scout 50 90

Light Scout 100 90

Scout 100 10

However, it only appeared to use the first (ticker point 0) band for these UFOs and I basically only ever got light scouts all the way through the first month.

I tried changing the values to 99/1 and the same thing happened.

I then reversed it so the Scout was at 99% for the first band and I just got scouts instead.

So it appears it's not replacing exiting UFO entries with later ones in new bands.

Sorry for multi-posting:

It's worse than I thought. The game won't read anything other than the first band in the mission files. I just played a vanilla v0.25 all the way through to mid-October and got nothing but light scouts and fighters when all light scouts should have been filtered out by October.

EDIT: Dammit, I just saw the post indicating issues with the build and having redownloaded, it's looking like it's going to be ok. Need to check the above, issue, but UFO progression seems to be sorted.

Edited by kabill

Yeah, I should hVe also posted in this thread. There was a reupload because it was very likely that the game would be stuck in the first band.

What you mean fist band? I run a moddificated Kabill's Spawn System set exclusive for XNT and things work fine.

Even better I add some changes in Chance% to make things more wild xD!