Shooting through walls problem on Corvette

Every time I run a corvette ground mission. I carefully clear the area then prepare to enter the ship itself.

Kill or gas any aliens upon opening the outer door. This allows me to move into the centre of the ship with a double door to my front and a single door to each side.

I moved most of my force in ready to open one of the internal doors the following turn. An alien opens the door instead and fires killing one guy. Then the rest of the aliens shoot from literally anywhere through the walls and tear my team apart. I didn't notice this problem on previous patches but now I always lose several guys on this mission and always in this same place.

I have tried going up with just one or two men and spreading out but it just means those two die and I have no one left in a suitable position to attack the following turn. I can't shoot the enemy back through the wall. It's like a one way shield wall though it just looks like a regular wall.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Also I have received the leader is present message try and take him alive but when I enter the ship he has in fact been killed in the crash. I guess that is the random factor of who dies in a crash which is fine but why show the message.

no, it's through walls, it's like shooting from the interior of the ufo ignores walls in some angles. I guess there are openings in the model because of all the floors so they shoot through it because they have LOS. But it's inconsequential.