Promotion-nauts

Chaos Blade

So, I am happy with this game, it is fun, engaging and frustrating at times, but one thing that has been bugging me is the promotions.

As it stands you end up with an overabundance of officers.

Now, I think that the game evaluates promotion on skill increase, if so, it is a poor design choice (imho). I wanted to know for sure how it did this mechanic and if it is possible to mod it. it is not a super high priority thing, but finding a way of limiting promotions is something I am interested in and I think is something the game would benefit from.

So, the first question, is it possible? if it is I am willing to invest time and effort into making the mod.

Promotions in Xenonauts and nuXcom don't make much sense, considering just because you have more combat experience doesn't mean you have more leadership experience. It would make more sense to rename the ranking system to one like X1, X2, X3, etc. to demonstrate the difference. Since you're fighting aliens and not other humans, a way of organizing troops by their familiarity with ET combat would make sense in Xenonauts and Xcom.

Sorry about the ramble, but I don't think it's possible to limit promotions aside from increasing the amount of overall accumulated skill points required for a promotion. Renaming the ranks to what I described above would be easier I believe, if it's possible.

You can't directly limit promotions. all you can do is widen the number of ability increases needed to get to another promotion. As skaianDestiny says, most of the hoo-hah is over the names, not the actual promotion. sD, wasn't there a thread on different promotion titles? I'm sure you contributed to it.

You can't directly limit promotions. all you can do is widen the number of ability increases needed to get to another promotion. As skaianDestiny says, most of the hoo-hah is over the names, not the actual promotion. sD, wasn't there a thread on different promotion titles? I'm sure you contributed to it.

It was before my time, but the titles I suggested were from it. Found the link: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/6454-True-Xenonaut-Rank-Names-and-Images

It should work with the current game right?