SPOILERS - Ending Discussion

A very tough and challenging final mission. It felt good that most of my men did not survive taking out that Preoterian. Yet I felt abit underwhelmed at the ending.

The ending does not seem to take into account whether or not the power gens were blown up.

One ending screen and bam.

What happens if you don't blow the power gens?

Did my guys make it out?

Otherwise great game.

Yes, the ending is quite anticlimactic. And the power gens don't seem to make a difference. You just have to enjoy it for what it is: as you said, a very tough and challenging mission :)

The developers simply couldn't put everything they wanted into the game, and focused on the big issues: balance and AI. That said, I believe that community modders will enhance the ending sometime in the future. It just might be a while; it seems like a significant percentage of the players here have rarely gotten to the endgame, as they've been continually restarting their games to test the latest build releases. Once more people play the game all the way through, I think the final stages will get more attention