[V1.06 GC] - Strange suppression behavior

I've seen this in the past and maybe it's not a bug at all.

Save is attached[ATTACH]4309[/ATTACH]

I've noticed that:

1) You can suppress your units with your own fire (bug or intended?)

2) In this case their TU drop immediately to 0 even if they were full, not half the max TU.

You can reproduce it with the attached save by firing with the heavy to the alien beside the guy with the shield.

Gam

4.sav

4.sav

I noticed that as well. I had two guys inside a house at the windows, one guy outside shot his MG in a straight line parallel to the windows to an alien. Nothing was hit, but the Alien and both soldiers inside the house where suppressed.

I... THINK that's intended, that units are suppressed by a large enough volume of shots impacting near them or flying past them. I just think that the game doesn't differentiate whether they're on the other side of a barrier or what. Though to be fair, if I heard a volley of a couple dozen shots passing by outside the window, I'd probably also keep my head low, which for all intents and purposes is the idea of suppression, that you're convinced that popping your head out would be a really bad idea.

I don't think you'd care if the shots were technically from a friendly machinegun or not, as long as it seemed likely they'd take your head off.