Personal opinion on the game

So I finally had enough time to play Xenonauts (23 hours in the game atm), and, being an old X-COM fan, I wanted to share my personal feedback on the game. The game is solid and challenging, the atmosphere is very good and the research interesting enough to keep me playing. Still, imo there are some problems...

1. Flying enemies are a major pain in the a$$. Most of the time, you can't see them until you're almost below them (even during the day and without any cover at all, which is kinda ridiculous...), while they can see you perfectly and snipe you down from kilometers away. Very frustrating.

2. Enemies rarely open doors and storm in. You can simply find a door, then open -> shoot -> close before counterfire -> repeat until all enemies are dead. They won't storm in to kill you, nor they will manage to shoot you back.

3. Enemies rarely goes upstair in the buildings. In 23 hours of playing, only once I found an alien hidden upstair in a city house.

4. Imo, the game need more maps. I already memorized them all, and I haven't played that long yet.

5. Finally, more exploding stuff around the maps would be fun. I remember tons of explosions from missfire in Apocalypse, and that was funny and, sometime, unexpectedly rewarding. Again, in 23 hours I only had one explosion due to missfire. Also, more building collapsing would be nice...

My two cents...

2. I think it is possible to mod the game to have more aliens outside the ufo and less inside. Can't comment if it is possible to make the inside ones more intelligent/aggressive (easily at least).

4. You can download unofficial map packs to have more maps in the game:

* http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/10166-Skitso-s-Ultimate-Megamix-Map-Pack

* http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/9760-%28Sort-of%29-Random-Maps%21

There's even hope for new props and tilesets.

The vanilla game is intented to be a good experience of the universe. And it is! Actually wonderfull and very enyojable.

If you want a game for hardcore veterans you can check the Mod Expansion pack XMT Into Darkness ib my signature. We'll be glad to hear your review, we'r almost near to release the V5 this weekend.