[v1.01 GC] terror missions extremely unstable

Attempt #1 at terror mission:

First terror mission i've seen in game, AI freeze, save is broken, have to backup from a bug report uploaded to forum, i'm set back several hours but luckily don't have to start over.

Attempt #2:

First terror mission now that i've reached that part of the game again. Game crashes after 25 or so turns as my unit reaches the second story of a building. Loading the save crashes game before it finishes loading. Luckily this time i backed up save before starting mission.

Attempt #3:

Second attempt at this mission. After 20 tuns enemies are revealed and I launch a laser beam from my hunter at a sebilian on the second story of a building. He's too far for any of my guys to see, but impossibly the shot is flying straight and perfect, when its in midair a few tiles away about to hit him game crashes. ****blocked :P Once again trying to load crashes game before it finishes.

Attempt #4:

This time i backed up another save halfway through the mission, loading it works. I camp and wait for map to be revealed. Another random crash, don't remember the circumstances, another broken save.

Couple more attempts:

Took a couple more tries to not crash anymore, but i was only able to beat it when i didn't wait for map to be revealed, because it seemed like every time i tried to load an autosave in which the map was revealed the game crashed before it finished loading.

Are other people experiencing this?

Can you load an auto-save (or any save) when map is revealed after 20 turns and have it load successfully without crashing?

Reveal after 20 turns is a nice feature but if it's the cause of this instability and can break your ironman games maybe it could be disabled if there's no time to fix it.

Players could live without that, but if i hadn't been backing up saves i would have lost 3 games in a row to terror missions and basically would have had to always ignore them in the future no matter what the consequences.

I'll see what i can dig out of my recycle bin, i was backing up saves all over the place and deleting them like mad when i got tired of trying to keep track of which was which. This was happening last night so definitely 1.01.

Also i played another terror mission or two since then without problems, really seemed like it only was so crashy after map was revealed.

While i was digging up saves i also experimented with one i backed up from another terror mission. After sitting waiting until twenty turns map was revealed but i still couldn't see the enemy aliens on it. Maybe b/c it was night mission?

Sadly the save from the middle of the battle which could actually be loaded seems to be overwritten and lost.

But i do have more other saves than can possibly be useful :P

Here's one from before battle:

[ATTACH]4014[/ATTACH]

Here's three that crash while trying to load, no idea which is what except that they came from these missions:

[ATTACH]4015[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4016[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4017[/ATTACH]

pre-terror.sav

crash on load 1.sav

crash on load 2.sav

crash on load 3.sav

pre-terror.sav

crash on load 1.sav

crash on load 2.sav

crash on load 3.sav