Curent Rank questions

Hi

I was wondering how the ranks work.

1) When a soldier get's promoted, does he gain more stats from that mission? I know ranks gives a morale bonus to surrounding troops close by.

2) How are promotions earned? It seems to be a reflection of their combat experience, but how?

3) How did the OG decide when to give a promotion (besides how many troops you had)

4) What was the benefit skill wise if any in the OG from getting promoted

Hi

I was wondering how the ranks work.

1) When a soldier get's promoted, does he gain more stats from that mission? I know ranks gives a morale bonus to surrounding troops close by.

2) How are promotions earned? It seems to be a reflection of their combat experience, but how?

3) How did the OG decide when to give a promotion (besides how many troops you had)

4) What was the benefit skill wise if any in the OG from getting promoted

Soldiers increase their ranking when they have a certain number of rank points. A rank point is gained each time an AP, strength, accuracy, reflexes or bravery progress is done.

All your soldiers can achieve highest rank.

Higher rank soldiers give morale boost to others but they must be close to each other.

Troops are promoted when they get a certain number of stat point increases; these numbers can be found in the gameconfig file in the Assets folder of your Xenonauts install.

In the original game, troops were assigned points behind the scenes based on how many missions they'd been on, aliens killed, and actions taken in a mission. When one accrued enough of these points, he was promoted; there was a semi-realistic notion in there as well; you could only have one soldier who was at the highest rank, and could only have so many subordinate ranks per soldier that held a given rank. For example, you only had one commander, a few colonels, and a few captains for each colonel; each colonel had a few sergeants. All troops started out as rookies, and were promoted to "Squaddies" for their first rank increase; you could have an unlimited number of Squaddies.

Edited by EchoFourDelta