[V1.54 Stable - Ground Combat] Looting Alien Grenades and New Ammo types Problem

Yes this is reported here with grenades..

I am checking the forum tons of time everyday and i know Chris is answering most of the bug reports. But sadly Chris doesn't answer any bug topic about modding.. i opened 2 or 3 bug topics about modding and none of them is answered..

I am following 1.5* patch and i can feel that Chris want to give a last clean/stable patch for players and for this purpose his team gives a final war against this game engine.. I respect this so much..

But this game wont have any DLC or expansion or a 2. one. The only hope for UFO-Xenonauts fans are the mods. This games mod options are amazing but fails at some vital parts..

So lets come to the problem..

I want to create a research-manufacture system with the alien loots.. Ufo parts, new alien corpse and bodies and new weapons are totally fine to auto loot at end of the mission.. BUT the belt section is totally failing.. Game only loots the alien plasma ammo at the end of mission. When you try to take the item to your soldiers inventory, the item comes with you without problem.

The strange thing is, i "sometimes" can make the game loot my own created ammo and grenade. Even X-Division 0.97.1 can get loot alien blood grenade totally fine. But i cant make the game loot any of the new weapon ammos.

When i was working on 0.98 i added some more grenade types to aliens. I added them to aiprob.xml and i lost my working grenade drops.. now game just dont loot from the "belt" section anything rather then plasma ammo.. I tried nearly every possibilities. Ofcourse maybe there can be a little trick i could miss..

I accepted that broken ammo management, so manufacturing ammo is no go, but please if there is a solution to this looting thing, solve it or give me an idea what to do.. this is very important for a xcom based game.

Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on with the alien grenades not being looted. I'd like to help but almost all of the coders who worked on that aspect of Xenonauts have moved on now (and are only available for emergency bugfixes), so we don't actually have anyone left on the team with good knowledge of that part of the code.

I think the community coders are probably your best bet - although I can't guarantee they'll want to work on it either, obviously. Sorry.

Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on with the alien grenades not being looted. I'd like to help but almost all of the coders who worked on that aspect of Xenonauts have moved on now (and are only available for emergency bugfixes), so we don't actually have anyone left on the team with good knowledge of that part of the code.

I think the community coders are probably your best bet - although I can't guarantee they'll want to work on it either, obviously. Sorry.

I see. Thx for reply!