X-DIVISION New Mod, New Ideas, New Disscussions

drages

@drages

regarding aircraft weapons manufacture, have you considered an intermediate approach, when you have to complete just one manufacture project to upgrade all the weapons? This sort of things were discussed in a "geoscape overhaul" thread that Kabill started some time ago

@drages

regarding aircraft weapons manufacture, have you considered an intermediate approach, when you have to complete just one manufacture project to upgrade all the weapons? This sort of things were discussed in a "geoscape overhaul" thread that Kabill started some time ago

You cant do that as i know. Manufacture cant total replace/update weapons, research does. But researches dont need materials..

BUT u can update a weapon using old one and other materials.. but then u need to make many manufacturing to get one weapon. If you are at 5. weapon tech, u need to manufacture 1.,2.,3.,4. and finally 5...

BUT i can create 2 manufacture projects per 1 weapon, one update one for total new one.. then you will have double manufacture projects when there is already about +100 project at the mod..

IF the manufacture UI allows me to add more project titles like UPGRADE Weapons, maybe i add that update projects but the titles are very limited even to organize the titles i sacrificed some... there is only 5 titles i can use, sadly other 3 is deleted at game progress..

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions...

you miss the point. I haven't tried it but I understood what Kabill suggested as follows:

1. you research say, "alenium missiles"

2. a manufacture project becomes available "ugrade missiles to alenium". Requires money and some materials. Produces an item like "Alenium missiles stock"

3. a new "replace missiles to alenium" research becomes available: zero time, the above item as a prerequisite, auto-replace missiles upon completion

you miss the point. I haven't tried it but I understood what Kabill suggested as follows:

1. you research say, "alenium missiles"

2. a manufacture project becomes available "ugrade missiles to alenium". Requires money and some materials. Produces an item like "Alenium missiles stock"

3. a new "replace missiles to alenium" research becomes available: zero time, the above item as a prerequisite, auto-replace missiles upon completion

Hmm brilliant idea from kabill.. i didnt expect less..

BUT as this mods idea.. u still kill the feeling.. its the line between ppl who like micromanagement and who dont like it.. This gives only adds some materials to existed replacing research...

Even i accept this, how can u balance the materials u need for replace.. maybe little from default to alenium and alenium to plasma but after that? fusion and singularity? Wont u say " omg i could make 8 singularity torpedo for this materials already and now i need to wait to down 6 battleship to update my fusions to singularity!!!" ?

I want to create the feeling when u send the planes. The feeling of "now i will send my plasma torpedoes equiped plane against it, it will have no chance!!!"..

I wont stop any modder who will add this kind of total update manufacture/researches to my mod as a mod mod.. so anybody who likes less micromanagements in their game and still want to play X-Division.. so after version 1.0, there can be "Lesser micromanagements mod for X-division" mod and many more.. i am making this mod nearly like an expension, its better to mod it rather then change it..

I can do it by myself too. but need to finish this first!

Am i wrong? Win-win situvation for me.

Squaddie Perseus Welcome to forum! and thx for critics..

When u try add about 3x more content to a game, there could be some problems, big problems.. With 0.98 there will be very big overhaul. All research tree will be different with new req. I want a tech non-linear tech tree with only research-next then next then next policy, and i dont want u miss anything without your notice with a missed alien weapon..

So for now u need alien weapons to get further in research.. with the ufo crew u got with 0.97, its very random.. u can have a late tech weapon drop, but you wot able to use it because u dont have the weapon for prerequest.. Now new researchs will come with mostly stunned aliens u will capture so even you miss a weapon drop, u will get the research..

As i always say, 0.98 will be like a new mod with all the rebalances and changes..

Hey fox!

First of all micromanage is one of the reasons of this mod.. Of course i dont mean just micromanage everything! if so i would make u manufacture all basic weapons and all ammos and all explosive grenades and rockets..

About launchers needs torpedo drops when you already use it at the plane itself idea, you are right.. but i am against to getting rid of airplane weapons production entirely. When there is a direct replacement of an item, you dont feel it.. "Ohh i researched it and then my 20 plane got it suddenly".. u stop to check what your planes are using.. you dont anything to collect to have them.. at original X-Com, when u got first plasma beam using aircraft, u became happy when u put in to plane.. u smile and your whole day will be good... So i am ok with all balancing about the req of a weapon but not manufacturing is not good idea for me.. The vehicle weapons are free and i am not ok with that even..

Thanks for the warm welcome. :) Glad to be a part of this creative and amazing community now. Also, yeah, I understand that adding 3x more content can result in bugs. And what I was describing may not be bugs for all I know, I may just be missing prerequisites. Anyway, when you say that in the next version, simply capturing an alien and interrogating it will unlock weapons research, do you mean something like this:

Capturing Ceasan guard = info on alien plasma weapons for Xenonauts energy research?

and

Capturing Sebillian Warrior = info on alien ballistic weapons for Xenonauts projectile research?

I'm just curious because that actually make a lot of sense (Sure, capturing the weapons themselves would be useful, but even a GRUNT knows at least something about how their rifle works), but will it be a one time thing or will we have to capture multiple aliens of the same class for a given species to unlock all potential research? Regardless of how it's handled, that sounds like an amazing change as I want to see all that this mod has to offer and the current tech tree is not conducive to that....and I want to see the Gauss guns and Advanced MAG weapons so much.

Also, speaking of the aliens and weapons, two things seem a bit...strange. 1) Aliens past Guard and Soldier seem to have insane amounts of accuracy at times, largely Sebillians. I could accept it for say...Wraiths or Harridans (have been lucky enough to not encounter the latter yet) given their combat roles, but when Sebillians are out sniping my snipers, it feels unbalanced, especially when the lore outright states that Sebies are nearsighted and prefer getting close to their target before engaging them. 2) I'm curious as to why most weapons that aren't sniper rifles (IE: Say...a Spear AP Assault Rifle) isn't capable of making an aimed shot. In fact, the only non-sniper weapon that seems to be able to fire an aimed shot is the MAG rifle (only one I've discovered thus far). This seems a bit odd to me. Sure, an aimed shot with an assault rifle, regardless of tier, isn't going to be as accurate as a sniper rifle, but I don't see a reason for removing aimed shots from them entirely. Was it for balance reasons? If so, it actually feels unbalanced without such an option and even just outright perplexing. If more advanced weapons can't make reliable aimed shots, then what's the point of all the fancy sights and scopes? It makes combat a bit needlessly more difficult, especially when I know an aimed shot would have been more useful in a given situation, and making all of my guys snipers isn't a viable option. For version .98, I would recommend adding aimed shots back in for all weapons that are capable of making them by default. It should help balance out ground combat, or at least help avoid GC becoming to much of a grind thanks to "normal" shots being incredibly ineffective past a certain range, and "snap" shots being more of a last resort, both due to the damage and accuracy differences between the various shot "types".

Finally, I read XenonaughtFox's post and podbelski's posts regarding aircraft and aircraft weapons micromanagement and I do share some of their views. Admittedly, vanilla Xenonauts did what it did to alleviate the original X-COM's micromanaging problems, largely in regards to missile weapons IMHO(seriously, how many of us have accidentally bought 100 Avalanche Missile Launchers rather then the missiles themselves?). Perhaps a good way to balance out the amount of micromanagement required to maintain a proper air fleet in this mod would be to lower the amount of materials any given aircraft or aircraft weapon requires, or make it so that UFOs give out a larger number of the required materials. As it is, due to the current requirements, my most advanced craft is a B17 with MAG storms and plasma launchers and none of my other craft have such things, even after bringing down and storming a few landingships (maybe finishing the cruiser raid I'm currently on will help the situation, but I'm not sure). And yes, in case your wondering, I gave the above mentioned B17 that gear because at the time because things around my European base were heating up in the air combat and I needed an edge against all the corvettes that were appearing at the time (and then I saw my first landingship so...yeah, at least Europe and the surrounding blocks are fairly secure). Anyway, this is all just my two cents, and sorry for the large and potentially rambling wall of text. I simply want to give as much feedback as possible so that you can make this mod the very absolute best it can be. :)

First of all i am very happy to see wall of texts at my modding topics :)

You can see the new aliens here. There will be more then one option to get a alien research.. u will get the all weapons of that alien tech (for example all sebillian balistic weapons to get "alien ballistic weapons" research) or one weapon and a weapon sergeant sebillian... so if u got the research u need "that" guy alive.. same for many researchs.. chemicals to new airplanes..

Guards are not so good, accept that :).. the problem is your armour.. even a bullet shoot u, its vital at beginning.. i downgrade their detection range at hotfix 5 and now u see them before they do.. but as u do, if your scout saw an alien, your sniper can shoot it from the end of the map.. if i downgrade their acc more, then u will fight like GI JOE.. under tons of bullet which never hits :) and enemy AI works about hit chances.. if enemy think he wont able to hit, they wont fire.. its worse then GI JOE :).. u see the thin lines at balancing.. sadly we need to sacrifice some realism.

Aimed shot.. aimed shot is like clicking second right click to zoom in at a fps game with sniper.. its special for them.. needs long aiming and proper weapon with gear.. so giving aimed to already powerful (and will be nerfed so badly at 0.98) rifles are ad for poor snipers.. u will burst with rifle anyway.. even u got aimed shot, u wont have the range for it (at 0.98).. so at a mid distance, will you use 2 burst with 6 bullet total or 1 aimed?.. so as i dont give burst to snipers (some weapons like spear sniper have good aiming burst with large TU), i dont give aimed to other then snipers and special cannons.. i think so at least.

Your game is kinda weird because u got mag weapons so early.. maybe very lucky weapon drop but still its not planned.. if u started landing ufos u should research some cheap torpedo planes and B1-C .. ok checked and there is time for B1-C.. i will make the req of weapons lower.. everything about balance... and the mod is hard..should be hard.. at veteran at least :)

First of all i am very happy to see wall of texts at my modding topics :)

You can see the new aliens here. There will be more then one option to get a alien research.. u will get the all weapons of that alien tech (for example all sebillian balistic weapons to get "alien ballistic weapons" research) or one weapon and a weapon sergeant sebillian... so if u got the research u need "that" guy alive.. same for many researchs.. chemicals to new airplanes..

Guards are not so good, accept that :).. the problem is your armour.. even a bullet shoot u, its vital at beginning.. i downgrade their detection range at hotfix 5 and now u see them before they do.. but as u do, if your scout saw an alien, your sniper can shoot it from the end of the map.. if i downgrade their acc more, then u will fight like GI JOE.. under tons of bullet which never hits :) and enemy AI works about hit chances.. if enemy think he wont able to hit, they wont fire.. its worse then GI JOE :).. u see the thin lines at balancing.. sadly we need to sacrifice some realism.

Aimed shot.. aimed shot is like clicking second right click to zoom in at a fps game with sniper.. its special for them.. needs long aiming and proper weapon with gear.. so giving aimed to already powerful (and will be nerfed so badly at 0.98) rifles are ad for poor snipers.. u will burst with rifle anyway.. even u got aimed shot, u wont have the range for it (at 0.98).. so at a mid distance, will you use 2 burst with 6 bullet total or 1 aimed?.. so as i dont give burst to snipers (some weapons like spear sniper have good aiming burst with large TU), i dont give aimed to other then snipers and special cannons.. i think so at least.

Your game is kinda weird because u got mag weapons so early.. maybe very lucky weapon drop but still its not planned.. if u started landing ufos u should research some cheap torpedo planes and B1-C .. ok checked and there is time for B1-C.. i will make the req of weapons lower.. everything about balance... and the mod is hard..should be hard.. at veteran at least :)

1) Good to know about the new alien types. Will you be recoloring the in-game appearances so we know which alien is what?

2) Guards...yeah, their poor accuracy makes sense. As for armor, most of my Nauts are rocking Wolf so I'm largely good for now. And yeah, I have hotfix 5 installed and aliens do seem to have a lower detection range. And that logic makes sense. I'm just very used to most X-COM likes having multiple fire options for most weapons, which includes aimed shots. That being the case, does the game allow for adding entirely new fire modes? Realistically (and yes, I know you said we have to sacrifice some realism, but here me out on this :) ), most armies these days train their troops to fire in bursts as it's a good compromise between accuracy and rate of fire. Perhaps the inclusion of a full auto mode for most weapons (IE: Assault Rifles, MGs) may be a good idea. This way, "normal" shots can become the new "aimed" shot for ARs with Burst shots having the more balanced accuracy of the fire modes. This may help balance out the accuracy problems of early game weapons while keeping things challenging. Although, this may be me as I'm very hesitant to get close to aliens, especially those with close combat weapons, and yes, Burst Fire is currently very effective in this mod, but having it retain vanilla accuracy values has led to some overly drawn out fights in my experiences thus far.

3) Okay, I can see your logic behind most weapons not having aimed shots. Again, as I said before, I'm just used to having most weapons being able to pull of an aimed shot.

4) As for the mod being hard...I agree, it is. But I haven't played Vanilla on Veteran nor am I playing this mod on Veteran and I still find it to be a challenge because of how much it reworks the game, improves the AI, etc. Maybe I'll do a veteran run once the mod hits version 1.0, who knows.

Darn. :( Well, it was a long shot. If that's the case, then tweaking the burst fire mode's accuracy values a bit may be a good idea. Keeping vanilla values, yet basically making burst fire the go to fire mode for most weapons, leads to some really drawn out fights that just get tedious, or otherwise frustrating if most of the aliens aren't in cover (like Androns). It's kind of frustrating see a three round burst miss a target at ranges it should have hit (and yes, thanks to vanilla accuracy values, I've seen shots from pointblank bursts miss). I can understand bursts losing accuracy at longer ranges, and I readily accept and believe that, but at medium to short range, at least one of those shots should be connecting with the target. I can actually recall numerous times where a Naut's burst had a 24% (per shot) chance to hit an alien three tiles in front of them. That seems a bit...weird if you're going for realistically balanced weapons, at least, in terms of fire modes. Keep in mind, this may all be me and is largely just what I think. I'm not saying you should do any of this or that the mod will be ruined if you don't, but if burst fire is going to be the go to mode, I think you should make it a bit more accurate, especially when it's within a weapon's effective range. I mean....I really don't want to have to have my guys get so close to Reapers and Xenomorphs for their main form of attack to have an above 20% chance to hit when the target is already to close for comfort and within effective range. As it is, weapons that seem like they should be effective at longer ranges are not all that effective, especially when the target is out in the open. If they're behind cover, the lower hit chance makes sense as you need to flank them, but I'm pretty certain at least one shot from a three round burst will connect with a target that's just standing out in the open. I realize that IRL, most firefights CAN get very drawn out and often end up with pauses in them as people change positions and reload their weapons, but at the same time, if Soldier A has a clear line of fire to Target B, a shot should connect if the target is within effective range. Honestly, this may very well be stemming from the Xenomorphs and Reapers more than anything. Smart positioning against the ranged aliens makes a world of difference, but burst's current accuracy makes it dangerous to use, yet we have little choice to do so, especially where melee aliens are concerned. I could understand an absolute rookie missing a Reaper at close range (largely perhaps due to say...panic) but it just seems bizarre when a Naut I've had since the start of the game and is one of my best troops can barely hit an exposed target with a close range burst.

Hey fox!

First of all micromanage is one of the reasons of this mod.. Of course i dont mean just micromanage everything! if so i would make u manufacture all basic weapons and all ammos and all explosive grenades and rockets..

About launchers needs torpedo drops when you already use it at the plane itself idea, you are right.. but i am against to getting rid of airplane weapons production entirely. When there is a direct replacement of an item, you dont feel it.. "Ohh i researched it and then my 20 plane got it suddenly".. u stop to check what your planes are using.. you dont anything to collect to have them.. at original X-Com, when u got first plasma beam using aircraft, u became happy when u put in to plane.. u smile and your whole day will be good... So i am ok with all balancing about the req of a weapon but not manufacturing is not good idea for me.. The vehicle weapons are free and i am not ok with that even..

Perhaps you can mod how many units are produced then? Because it quickly becomes a struggle to keep your airfleet afloat.

Another idea might be let alienium and plasma missiles be free but fusion and singularity to be produced...

EDIT: can you help me find where I can work out the availability function?

Edited by XenonaughtFox

Perhaps you can mod how many units are produced then? Because it quickly becomes a struggle to keep your airfleet afloat.

Another idea might be let alienium and plasma missiles be free but fusion and singularity to be produced...

EDIT: can you help me find where I can work out the availability function?

Actually, making only alienium upgrades free may a good idea. If you actually look at the alenium launchers, they're design isn't vastly different from regular Earth missiles, as opposed to say...the plasma missiles which have entirely new designs. This actually makes sense, as in-lore, Xenonaut scientists basically just devised a new warhead for the missiles/torpedoes, rather a new launcher and body for the projectiles entirely. It's easy to swap out a new warhead and place it on existing missiles, which is what they did. It's harder to design a new missile from the ground up entirely that early, especially with such a poor understanding of alien technology. This being said, Drages, if you are going to decrease the amount of materials new weapons and craft need, this suggestion may be superfluous, but I suppose we'll have to see how the lower requisites affect the game's balance first before we can say for sure.

Oh, also, about the new alien classes we're going to see in .98, how we will distinguish them from the average alien?

Actually, making only alienium upgrades free may a good idea. If you actually look at the alenium launchers, they're design isn't vastly different from regular Earth missiles, as opposed to say...the plasma missiles which have entirely new designs. This actually makes sense, as in-lore, Xenonaut scientists basically just devised a new warhead for the missiles/torpedoes, rather a new launcher and body for the projectiles entirely. It's easy to swap out a new warhead and place it on existing missiles, which is what they did. It's harder to design a new missile from the ground up entirely that early, especially with such a poor understanding of alien technology. This being said, Drages, if you are going to decrease the amount of materials new weapons and craft need, this suggestion may be superfluous, but I suppose we'll have to see how the lower requisites affect the game's balance first before we can say for sure.

Oh, also, about the new alien classes we're going to see in .98, how we will distinguish them from the average alien?

They will have different colors.. ceasans will have diferent colors for a every branch (doctors different enginners different..).. at sebilians will have same color together but different look.. androns are darker colors..

1) How will Sebies look different? I'm guessing you're going to...recolor their scales? That would actually make sense since their reptiles. :P Meh. Just me trying to guess how you're going to go about it. Can't wait to see this implemented.

2) Doctors? I read in the main thread for the mod you couldn't get alien healing to work properly. Did you find a work around?

1) How will Sebies look different? I'm guessing you're going to...recolor their scales? That would actually make sense since their reptiles. :P Meh. Just me trying to guess how you're going to go about it. Can't wait to see this implemented.

2) Doctors? I read in the main thread for the mod you couldn't get alien healing to work properly. Did you find a work around?

1- Specialists will be same color but their armour will be different.. some will wear soldier armour some guard armour..

2- No they dont heal.. at original xcom there were medics too..

I dont want to spoil any more. :)

1) Oh. Okay. Still, looking forward to this.

2) Oh. Okay. Yeah. I remember that class in OG X-COM. I don't remember them really unlocking new techs though. Oh boy...And yeah, I understand not wanting to spoil anything else. I just love trying to guess where mods like yours will go. Good luck. :)

They just unlock some creature analysis.. but this time they will give you damage boost and chemical weapons..

[ATTACH]6096[/ATTACH]

I'm working on making all the missile and cannon upgrades automatic but so far I'm hitting a brick wall. :confused: Sorry about the zip... it's the only way I could upload the bloody file onto this site.

Now I've looked at the aircraft weapons and correlated it with the items.xml... but there is another file with (named yedek) with the same .xml file.

Also, for some odd reason my 2007 Excel will not read the .xml file so I had to edit it in Notepad++

items.zip

items.zip

so ive sat down and played it for like 6 hours, i realy enjoyed it but i ran into some " problems"

until you get basic armor the fights are bloody often losing 1-3 people per mission but after the basic armor this stops (3d month so far)

air combat is very enjoiable so far, i wouldnt mess around wtih anything regarding the early game, but i havent see a medium ship so far , only fighters . light scout and scout . not sure if something is going wrong , at one point i ran almost ran out of things to research

i played on Veteran, at start i build 2 bases , one of them only had a team to defend it until the second month when i could aford buildings, interceptors etc

now regarding some balance things , the bull reaper are to resistent to weapons ,explosives, incindiery, but they dont realy do much they just run around and sometimes stun people , in order to get past his armor you have to unload a insane amount of bullets on it and the fact that it heals each turn for 100 makes it pretty much unkilable at medium to far range

regarding weapon balance , the basic sniper rifle is useless the low chance to hit coupled wtih the low amount of damage and the fact that it only fires 1 bullet per round and the range is not that diferent from a rifle , machineguns are also pretty bad

lower damage lower mitigation you cant move and shoot , the supresion doesnt cut it ,we are talking about a machinegun vs a rifle here , the machinegun should do more dmg and higher mitigation, you already have a severe penalty if you move (im talking about the basic weapons) the spear class seams better , but still the spear sniper is weak compared to the rifle , they berely have more range then the rifle and they only fire 1 burst a round compared to the 3 for the rifle

rockets have no damage mitigation O_o im confused about this one , shooting multiple rockets at a alien and seeing resistent makes me scratch my head

now lets talk about stun weapons , the baton is cool , there is some risk involved but if you can get close to a enemy they usualy go down in 1-4 swings however the stun grenades dont seam to do anything , everytime i throw one it says resisted , tested on Ceasan and Sebillian , 3-4 nades on one enemy , its easier to just get in close with a shield and smack him in the face

The overall difficulty so far has a wierd spike at the start , however i wouldnt say that you need to make the game harder just change a few things here and there , at the end of the day i dont want this mod to devolve into , los tricking every alien, nades spaming and other stuff like that , i want to actualy fight these aliens using all of the weapons and new gadgets

sry for the wall of text and rambling

Edited by fall19

[ATTACH]6096[/ATTACH]

I'm working on making all the missile and cannon upgrades automatic but so far I'm hitting a brick wall. :confused: Sorry about the zip... it's the only way I could upload the bloody file onto this site.

Now I've looked at the aircraft weapons and correlated it with the items.xml... but there is another file with (named yedek) with the same .xml file.

Also, for some odd reason my 2007 Excel will not read the .xml file so I had to edit it in Notepad++

Pfff.. i miss yur reply here very sry.. but i answered your pm.. i hope it helps..

so ive sat down and played it for like 6 hours, i realy enjoyed it but i ran into some " problems"

until you get basic armor the fights are bloody often losing 1-3 people per mission but after the basic armor this stops (3d month so far)

air combat is very enjoiable so far, i wouldnt mess around wtih anything regarding the early game, but i havent see a medium ship so far , only fighters . light scout and scout . not sure if something is going wrong , at one point i ran almost ran out of things to research

i played on Veteran, at start i build 2 bases , one of them only had a team to defend it until the second month when i could aford buildings, interceptors etc

now regarding some balance things , the bull reaper are to resistent to weapons ,explosives, incindiery, but they dont realy do much they just run around and sometimes stun people , in order to get past his armor you have to unload a insane amount of bullets on it and the fact that it heals each turn for 100 makes it pretty much unkilable at medium to far range

regarding weapon balance , the basic sniper rifle is useless the low chance to hit coupled wtih the low amount of damage and the fact that it only fires 1 bullet per round and the range is not that diferent from a rifle , machineguns are also pretty bad

lower damage lower mitigation you cant move and shoot , the supresion doesnt cut it ,we are talking about a machinegun vs a rifle here , the machinegun should do more dmg and higher mitigation, you already have a severe penalty if you move (im talking about the basic weapons) the spear class seams better , but still the spear sniper is weak compared to the rifle , they berely have more range then the rifle and they only fire 1 burst a round compared to the 3 for the rifle

rockets have no damage mitigation O_o im confused about this one , shooting multiple rockets at a alien and seeing resistent makes me scratch my head

now lets talk about stun weapons , the baton is cool , there is some risk involved but if you can get close to a enemy they usualy go down in 1-4 swings however the stun grenades dont seam to do anything , everytime i throw one it says resisted , tested on Ceasan and Sebillian , 3-4 nades on one enemy , its easier to just get in close with a shield and smack him in the face

The overall difficulty so far has a wierd spike at the start , however i wouldnt say that you need to make the game harder just change a few things here and there , at the end of the day i dont want this mod to devolve into , los tricking every alien, nades spaming and other stuff like that , i want to actualy fight these aliens using all of the weapons and new gadgets

sry for the wall of text and rambling

Yay i love wall of texts..

I know rifles are overpowered now.. 0.98 will balance all.. much better damage snipers, heavy feeling heavy guns, nerfed rifles.. :)

Yeah stun gas is realy useless now.. again a balance issue i will handle..

The new reapers was a test object for this version and even they got improved ai i think its about their weapons.. U cant make an alien to run into you like crazy, mindless beast.. i wanted to do that.. new reapers should e hard to kill, mostly harmless, but should run to your team ... as i see when an aliens weapon is weak and he thinks he wont harm u much, they just run.. at 0.98 tests when i gave him real claws, i saw that with sentelins ai boost, they come and kill you happily.. dont worry they will kill you.. or worry.. dunno :)

Other guys are find mostly.. they are not firing crazy because they want to stay alive and if they just stand and fire you without escaping probably even you got armour u wont survive that kind of fire power.. but at mid and late game when they got good weapons, they fire.. again dont worry..

About reapers resistances.. use heavy explosives.. i will make them vulnerable and no regeneration..

Air combat will be more enjoyable too..

Dont worry (i said it too much isnt it..) this mod never devolves!!!

Now, that I got my mod working properly without the 'build the missiles' thing, I'm going to put in my three cents...

One, I can now start producing light and heavy torp carriers now that my engines aren't being eaten by my need for missile launchers. Two, I've been checking which loadouts so far are the best and like the original it appears the 'Chain-laser/Alienium Missile' combo is pretty good until you start hitting landers. That's when you need lots of torps. Three... the only thing I'm regularly running out of now is alloys instead of everything.

Now a suggestion:

Now there is the X-23 'Prophet' suit mod on the WIP list, but is there a variant in this mod? That would be pretty workable if we can work it into the game.

Now, that I got my mod working properly without the 'build the missiles' thing, I'm going to put in my three cents...

One, I can now start producing light and heavy torp carriers now that my engines aren't being eaten by my need for missile launchers. Two, I've been checking which loadouts so far are the best and like the original it appears the 'Chain-laser/Alienium Missile' combo is pretty good until you start hitting landers. That's when you need lots of torps. Three... the only thing I'm regularly running out of now is alloys instead of everything.

Now a suggestion:

Now there is the X-23 'Prophet' suit mod on the WIP list, but is there a variant in this mod? That would be pretty workable if we can work it into the game.

X-Div got already 4 more armours.. they are more then enough..

btw is it posible to add a generic icon for items on the ground , i had a placeholder ready to try it but i cant find where to add it for ammos and other items

cant u see items when u put the on ground?