V1.09: "Alien praetor present" - not.

[edit]This is actually V1.06[/edit]

Just before, I started up a battleship mission and was happy to get that pop-up, thinking I'll finally get to catch a praetor but soon had to realize that there wasn't even one.

[ATTACH]5571[/ATTACH]

[edit]I guess there's always the possibility he's dead somewhere. But I assume the corpse would be in the room (or around it) where he usually is, wouldn't it?[/edit]

IM03.zip

IM03.zip

Edited by sh4dow

Ah, I see. Thanks for getting back to me about this.

And while it's nice that it is/will be fixed, by now I've already played through Xenonauts twice on Normal and Insane, which is currently enough for me and I have really enjoyed myself.

But I hope that Goldhawk will have a bug testing phase that is a lot more extensive before release with their next game. Because that's why I would never preorder e.g. a "The Witcher" game or buy it at release any more. Parts 1 & 2 have taught me that any game CDPR releases is only truly finished 1-2 years after release. And while things don't feel quite as bad with Xenonauts, I probably would've had an even better experience had I just waited until a year or so after release.

• 2 months later...
The pop-up appears even if he is dead, which is fixed in X:CE and will be in the next version. It's likely he was dead somewhere and the corpse was hidden by a prop or something.

Sorry for resurrecting this long dead thread (yay, hail to the undead). I am late in my first game, having the exact same problem (Praetor is always dead). Probably due to some mods, I can't install the new pre-release version or CE without breaking my savegame - I am stuck with v. 1.09. So, is there any chance of getting my hands on a live specimen in this version? If so, how? Can there be a survivor in a crash site, or should I rather let the battleships land? (tried that already once, but it turned into a terror mission where no Praetor was present). I'd just love to finish the game before starting a new one (it really bugs me to not finish something).

Thanks very much for any advice.

As it turned out, a couple months later, with better gear than lasers, I was able to take down that base, and captured the praetor as part of it. I found it easier to do so in an alien base than in a battleship actually. He had less troops guarding him in the control room of the base (4 elite sebillians) than in any battleship I've been to, and more 100% cover closer to him, more easily allowing many guys to charge in and pummel him with stun batons.