Max Attributes

scbfromnc

I've noticed that Strength tops out at 76. Can others confirm this? Anyone know what the max is for the other attributes? Looked at the game files and couldn't find anything related to this -- not that I'd want to change in a mod, but would be good to know what the maxes are.

In case some aren't aware, it's easy to increase Strength. After you outfit your soldier, continue adding grenades to his pack until the weight bar just starts to turn red. Then remove a grenade so it turns back green and doesn't impact your TUs available. If his Strength is less than 76 it'll increase after every mission. You have to recheck his weight limit after every mission since a Strength increase may require more weight added to the backpack to max out.

Doesn't it depend on the starting strength? If I understood correctly, the skill leveling is really simple, but it gets capped when your soldiers get to max rank, so you either have to sacrifice the leveling of another attribute to rank up slower or pick a really high base.

You just hit the cap for where you can get strength without overloading. Overload them a bit and they'll continue leveling for a while, eventually you'll need to overload them a bit more to go even further though. Max is still 100, and you don't stop gaining stats just because you hit a certain rank.

Keep in mind you can't level strength for soldiers in predator armor though.

Gurbo is correct, everything is capped at 100 except HP, which caps at 99.

And the way the game handles the caps is weird. If you check gameconfi.XML, it says the caps are 98 for stats, and 97 for HP. So basically it's cap+2 will give you the max limit for stats.

That being said, it isn't possible to get all the stats maxed on one chwr, because once you reach max rank, you stop gaining stats as far as I know. But str is easy to cap, just keep overloading your guy each mission.

That being said, it isn't possible to get all the stats maxed on one chwr, because once you reach max rank, you stop gaining stats as far as I know. But str is easy to cap, just keep overloading your guy each mission.

My colonels kept leveling up the rest of the game just fine.