Bartec

hi all,

how can i test my maps?

i havent the quickbattle luncher.

if there is a way to get the quickbattle luncher, how to use it?

should i extract the community map pack or stinky map 2 to the assets folder or to the xenonauts folder?

when i extract to the assets folder, i have the assets folder in the assets folder.

there are black regions in the industriel maps (stinky maps 2)

regards

there are black regions in the industriel maps (stinky maps 2)

regards

Whoops! I'd forgotten to merge the fix with Stinky Map Pack 2. Re-download Stinky Map Pack 2 and re-extract: that should fix it.

To test your maps, look for "Xenonauts_gc_editor - Quick Battle.bat" in your Xenonauts folder. Open it, select "new game", and plant your base down anywhere you like. This will start the test combat going. The wiki is mostly relevant here, but be sure to use "offensive" rather than "aggressive". The levelsetup_quickbattle.xml file is sitting in Xenonauts\assets.

For both the Community Pack and my own stuff, install into the Xenonauts folder. Having an assets folder in the assets folder won't do you any good, I'm afraid.

Yeah, it'll load a random map if something's wrong.

You're meant to put in the file name without the extension. So here's levelsetup_quickbattle.xml for one of my farm maps:

<?xml version="1.0" ?><LevelSetup> <Map tileset="farm" mapname="Farm_FarmStink1_Lightscout_Stinky" /> <SpawnTarget dropshipType="airplane.human.chinook" ufoType="airplane.alien.lightscout" ufoLandStatus="landed" /> <Aliens>   <Alien name="AI 1" race="Caesan" rank="NonCombatant" script="defensive" isKilled="0"/>   <Alien name="AI 2" race="Caesan" rank="NonCombatant" script="defensive" isKilled="0" />   <Alien name="AI 3" race="Caesan" rank="NonCombatant" script="aggressive" isKilled="0" />   <Alien name="AI 4" race="Caesan" rank="NonCombatant" script="aggressive" isKilled="0" /><!--    <Alien name="AI 5" race="Wraith" rank="Soldier" script="offensive" />   <Alien name="AI 6" race="Wraith" rank="Soldier" script="offensive" /> <!--  <Alien name="AI 7" race="Lightdrone" rank="Lightdrone" script="defensive" />   <Alien name="AI 8" race="Lightdrone" rank="Lightdrone" script="offensive" />   <Alien name="AI 9" race="Lightdrone" rank="Lightdrone" script="offensive" />   <Alien name="AI 10" race="Caesan" rank="Soldier" script="offensive" />   <Alien name="Civilian 1" race="Human" rank="NonCombatant" script="civilian" />   <Alien name="Civilian 2" race="Human" rank="NonCombatant" script="civilian" />   <Alien name="Civilian 3" race="Human" rank="NonCombatant" script="civilian" />   <Alien name="Civilian 4" race="Human" rank="NonCombatant" script="civilian" />   <Alien name="Friendly AI 1" race="Human" rank="NonCombatant" script="friendlyai" />   <Alien name="Friendly AI 2" race="Human" rank="NonCombatant" script="friendlyai" />   <Alien name="Friendly AI 3" race="Human" rank="NonCombatant" script="friendlyai" />   <Alien name="Friendly AI 4" race="Human" rank="NonCombatant" script="friendlyai" />--> </Aliens></LevelSetup>

Here's what the map looks like at deployment.

SKat8fy.png

If you still can't load the map even with all of this, check your map to see that you have:

a) appropiate spawns for the player and that they match up with the quickbattle file, i.e. make sure there's a chinook on the map if you state dropshipType="airplane.human.chinook";

b) appropiate UFO spawns, both landed and crashed, for the aliens. i.e. make sure there's both landed and crashed lightscout types on your map if you use ufoType="airplane.alien.lightscout" without defining ufoLandStatus.

If you're completely stumped, copy and paste the contents of your levelsetup_quickbattle.xml and Farm_FarmBartec1_LightScout_Bartec.xml (it'll be in Xenonauts\assets\maps\farm\ ). I'll have a look over them either tonight or when I'm supposed to be doing work tomorrow.

thank you OL`STINKY!!

ive missed the dropshipType="airplane.human.chinook"!

i have some other questions, maybe you could help me too.

-how to face the chinook without error(other map displayed)?

-how many aliens will be spawned in game, that i placed in level editor?

-could i choose by myself, which map is in the next in mission?

-can i use mods with a lower game version?

-which mods are good?

best regards

- To have the chinook face the way you want it, you place the correct version of it - you'll see chinooks for NE, NW, SE and SW. Use the level viewer if you want to see how they look on the map, just note that they'll only appear on the level viewer if you have the spawn/target layers clicked.

- In the quickbattle the amount of aliens that spawn depends entirely on what you put in the .xml. In the game proper, it's defined in the Xenonauts\ufocontents\ bunch of .xmls; you don't need to do anything to get that part of it working right, it'll place the normal amount of enemies inside and outside the UFO. As long as you have enough enemy spawns you're good to go. If you don't place enough, then enemies will be spawned in random places. You don't want that since they could spawn on a prop and get stuck. I'd put down a minimum of 15 red crosses.

- As far as I know, there's no way to set up a map playlist.

- Probably not. Xenonauts is changing rapidly.

- I'd check out the mod section, but as I said, Xenonauts's development is going at a fine pace. Mod makers will wait for the dust to settle before setting up shop.

To test your maps' date=' look for "Xenonauts_gc_editor - Quick Battle.bat" in your Xenonauts folder. Open it, select "new game", and plant your base down anywhere you like. This will start the test combat going. [u']The wiki[/u] is mostly relevant here, but be sure to use "offensive" rather than "aggressive". The levelsetup_quickbattle.xml file is sitting in Xenonauts\assets.

The wiki is out of date in many places but seems to be fine regarding the use of levelsetup_quickbattle.

If there are any glaring problems either let me know as I wrote it up originally or give it a tweak yourself.

The submap and level editor information is hopelessly out of date I think but I haven't touched that bit.

Bit late to the conversation but hope everything is working now Bartec and you are having fun with the map tools.

• 6 months later...