[Mod] Special Weapons

lightgemini

Hi fellow xenonauts commanders!. Here you have a new mini-pack of weapons I will be further expanding.

I tried to keep balance and be xenonauts friendly.

So the pack is a research project that unlocks the weapons all with descriptions and custom images. It includes:

-Heavy Cannon- with 3 different kind of rounds. It is powerful but always low on ammo and rocket launchers still deliver way lot more firepower. All in all a good multipurpose weapon both effective against materials or tough aliens.

-Wakizashi- Short versión of the Katana. Yes, there are things that never get old and your japanese xenonauts were really being mean about getting this.

Here is the download link. The Backup folder contains vanilla files to help you uninstalling the mod.

Updated for versión 18.51

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1clhc8oh7sij4jo/Special%20Weapons%2018.51.zip

Changelog

18.51 - Updated and added missing files, should work as intended.

18.51 - Initial Release.

Future of the mod:

some ideas that I have in mind

-More upgrades for heavy cannon ammo

-Plasma Katana for epic justice.

-Auto cannon (maaaaaaaay be, as it is capped due to game limits and machineguns being similar)

-Extra heavy cannon/artillery for vehicles

-Movile 40/60mm cannons and heavy machineguns (counting as a vehicle with low TUs)

-Special Heavy weapons to be used with power armour exclusively.

-Alien tank?

-Some upgrades to aliens so they can absorb all the massive firepower above?

-Hypervelocity shurikens? (wouldnt it be cool really?)

Clarification of mod goals:

Apart of filling some gaps like melee or "tool" weapons (smoke launchers, ILUM etc) main focus is to get back what I regard as one of the main features of old XCOM and specially TFTD: FIREPOWER

I have fond memories in TFTD (was my first and most played xcom game) when suddenly aliens bumpd a new tier and you were not preapared, wich ended in terror missions being a losing battle were you deployed all the firepower you got, "nuking" buildings because assaulting was too risky, raining gas cannon round and alien grenades on bio-drones / lobstermen etc. wich resulted in half the map being a smoking ruin on fire. That felt brutal and awsome for me.

As good as Xenonauts is now, it feels too much tactical pew pew for me. Theres too much nice looking houses asking to get blown up and barns to get consumed in fire. I miss raw firepower just for the sake of overkill pleasure, and the aliens will get some too.

Edited by lightgemini