[V14] Boris the Invisible Man and the Hostile Rubble

Two bugs I encountered in the same battle, presented in the form of a story:

One day Boris was descending a staircase as part of his weight carrying regimen. He reached the bottom of the staircase and proceeded out a nearby doorway. At some point, he noticed that his shadow disappeared. And his firearm. And he could no longer see himself in reflections of nearby windows.

InvisibleMan.jpg

Confused, Boris sat there and looked around for a bit. Was he really invisible? Suddenly, he heard a teammate screaming in the distance.

"HOSTILE! HOOOSSSTILE!" yelled the soldier.

Boris ran to where the shouting was coming from and found his eccentric friend Nicolai pointing at a nearby pile of rubble.

EnemyRubble.jpg

Everyone was standing around, looking confused. A few people took pot shots at the rubble, which didn't seem to do anything. Explosives didn't seem to do anything as well. Everybody seemed to think Nicolai had lost it until one bored soldier discovered that she could shoot through a wall, accidentally killing the rubble in the process. "Wow," said Boris, "what an anticlimactic ending." "Who said that!" exclaimed Nicolai, who's uncanny ability to see living rubble did not allow him to spot his invisible friend.

OK, story time's done, back to business. Both bugs occurred during the same scout mission. The first bug I couldn't find reported anywhere. I'm not sure what caused it and haven't been able reproduce it reliably since. Boris did descend a flight of stairs (seen to the right of the first image) and exited through a doorway in one turn, but I don't think he disappeared until after the turn was done. Also, he was being used as a test subject while trying to reproduce the weight stats bug (hence all the ammunition he's carrying). If I had to guess, it's probably a race condition issue which occurs when ascending or descending stairs.

The second bug has been reported already I think; there was an alien hiding in a spot where he should not have been able to get to, and as a result could not be seen. I figured I'd include it anyways because both happened within a few turns of each other, and it made a good story.

InvisibleMan.jpg

EnemyRubble.jpg

InvisibleMan.jpg.d1537a0a68e7fc5c5edef8e

EnemyRubble.jpg.a394474f54f2d3ce1ff0521b

Hello and welcome to the forum BurritoGuy

The story was very entertaining but Matthew is much happier if he only gets one bug per thread as bugs are easier to track that way. if you included if this as groundcombat or baseview (or geoscape but that's not really likely) in the topic that wwould be great as well. :)

Hello and welcome to the forum BurritoGuy

The story was very entertaining but Matthew is much happier if he only gets one bug per thread as bugs are easier to track that way. if you included if this as groundcombat or baseview (or geoscape but that's not really likely) in the topic that wwould be great as well. :)

OK, I'll keep that in mind. I did read this post earlier but realized after posting that I forgot to put "Ground Combat" in the title. Also, I'll try to limit my future posts to 1 bug per report (although, as I said, the second bug has already been reported).

please report it in already existing threads if it has already been reported :)

^^ This. Although I think we're all guilty of doing it on occasion where despite searching we miss the previous reports.

With more and more people posting bug reports, which IS lovely, when there's multiple threads about the same thing it gets harder to actually keep track of newer bugs and developments on older bugs.