[12.1 - Geoscape] Unable to cancel "build base" (and the application Escape)

1. I pressed the "build base" button by accident in Geoscape.

2. Then i tried to click on another management button next to it, and nothing happened, i tried pressing everything except on the map and nothing changed...

3. Then i pressed somewhere on the map and then cancelled the base position, but i could not cancel the pressing of the "build base" button.

4. I had to either build a base i did not want, or reload from a savegame.

Suggestion:

In my mind this should be something you simply cancel by pressing Escape. Also when you are in the inventory screen for a soldier (in Ground Combat) and press Escape, the game goes to the menu, and does not just leave the inventory screen, as in any other game i remember with an inventory screen.

I do not know if it is intentional, that Escape take you to the menu, but normal gaming logic tells me it should take me one level out of where i am, with Geoscape as the final place. And if i am in a Air or Ground Combat situation then the main (Air or Ground) combat screen should be where you end up, before getting the menu.

I also think the present application of the Escape button makes the game unhelpfully harder to manage, and means you are spending unnecessary time going through menus.

• 1 month later...