[v12.1] Ground Combat. Was able to fire through alien scout hull with AP rocket

Title says it all, really. Steps to repro with Scout hull only. (not tested for light scout or corvette)

1) Equip at least two troops with rocket launchers and AP rockets.

2) Ensure AP rockets are loaded in rocket launcher when at crash site - rocket launchers are auto loaded with frag missiles.

3) Locate alien inside alien hull. Position rocket launcher armed trooper in nearest possible place to alien (inside hull) on the outside of hull (to ensure clean hit). WARNING. Do not have any trooper on other side of passage!

4) Shoot at alien with AP rocket. Rocket should pass straight through alien hull, kill alien (if accurate) and pass straight out through other side.

• 1 month later...

i have not tried that sinerio but i have fired ap rockets at aliens in the scout crashes/landings from a distance outside to kill them.

both sections front and aft. the area effect goes right through and kills alien.

**note: only 1 occasion ihave noticed my ap guy missed and rocket did pass through rear side wall and exploded inside right next to where alien was standing.{baseing this off damaged tile inside craft} (v-13)

Edited by donald007duck

from the 12.1 patch notes:

Hypervelocity Projectiles: if these projectiles strike an object, they will do enough damage to destroy it and will then continue down their flight path until their damage potential is exhausted (so you can potentially shoot through a building and out the other side). The first example of this is the AP rocket, which is a starting rocket launcher ammunition type, but more powerful weapons that use this will appear in the beta.

I wonder if the ufo hull tiles haven't been updated *pokes level designer chappy*

There are a few issues with the scout hulls, can't remember which orientation it is, but you can have your troops walk through the back wall on one of them =)

• 2 weeks later...