[V10 & V12] Air Combat Alien's go for 1st Aircraft

Have reproduced this reliably. During Air Combat, which ever aircraft you selected first from the Intercept screen is the aircraft the alien UFO(s) will target. Strategy becomes 1st selected aircraft becomes bait, 2nd (and 3rd if needed) become hunters.

Yeah, it may just be the simple AI, but we'll still list it because it's something that shouldn't be in the game at release..

Against single UFO's, the UFO always engages the 'top' aircraft in your list, which is the one you selected first, thus enabling you to know exactly which aircraft to use as bait when a combat starts.

I was able to successfully replicate, so I'm marking it as such.

I could be wrong, but it appears that the AI learned this strategy from me. Suddenly it was not targeting just the first aircraft, it targeted each individual aircraft partway through the combat.

Edit: This was apparently a fluke, as repeated tests involve the enemy aircraft following only the first aircraft again.

Edit: I think I figured out what makes the difference. When I engage the combat (evidenced by the box popping up and giving the option to tail, engage, etc.) The enemy aircraft do not seem to all target one of mine. If I let the enemy initiate the combat, they all target my first aircraft.

Edited by Bullshaz