[V21 Stable - Base Screen -> Ground Combat] display bug (cosmetic)

While in the base build screen I received a message to start a ground mission, which I dutifully accepted.

Once in the ground mission, everything functioned correctly but in the black space around the mission area was the base building screen I'd just left. Once the mission finished and I'd returned to the Geoscape, the screen mostly returned to normal.

However, in the top right hand corner it still listed 'North America' (The name of the base I was originally in) with the funding information etc overlaid, making it tricky to read.

Reloading the game didn't fix it, but exiting the game and loading the save again fixed it.

I haven't tested with other screens like manufacturing or research, but suspect the same thing would happen.

Just a cosmetic bug, but one to add to the bottom of the list.

I've had a play around with this again, and since time is frozen in all views except the geoscape I'm at a loss as to how this even happened.

So the bug isn't the weird display in the ground mission, the mission prompt outside of the geoscape is. I'll keep trying to force it to happen and take some screenshots if it does.

##########

Scratch all that, after 20 minutes trying and posting as above I ninja'd it and managed to make it happen intentionally this time.

Just clicking repeatedly between the base and geoscape screen forcing time to advance a second at a time didn't do it, but letting it run and clicking the base icon at precisely the right time (or wrong time) did it.

I couldn't get a screenshot as it was full screen, but took a shot on my phone instead. The ground mission weirdness is attached

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

photo.jpg.e8a1a48ef529805dac3eb4e63e3161

Edited by Little_Crow