V21 Stable - Pistol problems

Hi,

while playing I have noticed one bug and maybe a potential bug (has happened 75% of the time to me, maybe someone else can check).

Mission was an assault on a downed carrier.

I noticed that when using a plasma pistol/advanced shield combo, if the pistol is in the right hand slot (as you look at the combat map), the quick load slot is not populated and you have to click on the pistol to make a shot.

Going into the equipment screen and swapping the pistol/shield there will solve the issue. Is a minor bug but also a silly one.

Potential bug - 75% of the time I have made a killing shot with a postol on this mission (ok, that is only 3 occasions) the game has crashed. I thought the two may have been related but it happens with the pistol in either position (hand).

Update,

I do not think the second bug is to do with the pistol, I have triggered this bug every time I made a killing shot on one of the Aliens that are encased in the white suit or armour.

I can't say if this is something to do with the alien being killed or the map (I tried to stun it bit no purple smoke graphic was displayed.

I have managed to reproduce the crash.

Happens on carrier ground assault and always when an alien unit is killed on the same tile...

It can be worked around as long as the aliens do not have any units that can mind control, if the do, you may as well just go back to a geosphere save, the alien seems to like to stay put - every time you send guys up, they get controlled and the alien stays put...

Hmm, sorry, what's the reproduction steps? If you kill an alien on a specific tile the game crashes? If so, please can you provide a saved game and a screenshot.

There is a bug in the game to do with the mind control at the moment - something to do with saving while a unit is mind controlled. This isn't the same bug, is it?

Hi Chris,

not sure how to get a screen shot, but here is the save game..

To reproduce just go to the middle level, the alien standing in front of the door will trigger a crash when it is killed on that tile.

The work around is to run through the other door, for some reason this triggers the alien to leave the spot it is on.

On the other mission I wrote about, the alien on that tile seemed to get stuck - the graphic was walking but the sprite did not mover.

There are also a few soldiers with pistols and shields so you can easily check the problem with the quick reload function if the pistol is in the wrong hand.

combat_bug.sav

combat_bug.sav

combat_bug.sav