[21E6] Reaction fire bug

Thanks, I've tried the game and it seems like you are talking about the Sebillian reacting against the machine gunner? This is a known issue with machine guns, where they reduce the wielders "resistance" to reactions shots to zero - this will be fixed soon so reactions against MG armed troops will be more sensible.

No, that's not the case - the sebillian moves a few tiles and stops - when he gets the chance for reaction fire, he fires four shots. That shouldn't be possible, since he moved and the cheapest shot from the plasma rifle costs 25% TUs.

There's also a very nasty bug in AI, making it very easy to exploit - the aliens very rarely shoot on their turns, it's super-visible on the save I linked. Those guys move into the firing range of my guys and just end their turn with loads of TUs left - and that's something that can be easily used against them.

But it has nothing to do with the suppression - you can provoke the four shots by just walking around. I'm talking here about the inconsistency in alien TUs. They shouldn't be able to move and shoot four times.

And they shouldn't be that stupid as to walk in the field of view and end their turn, hoping that they won't get mowed down before they can use all that reaction fire.

EDIT - oh yes, I read that thread - same thing, I meant. But there's still that AI thing...

EDIT2 - no harm done, and you're completely right on that - I just haven't read the link completely before posing my reply.

Edited by HammerHead

I second this behavior. I've reported this also in GJ's AI Bugs, Improvements & Suggestions -thread. There's something strange going on: aliens just rush close to xenonaut units' field of view and reserve all TU's for reaction when they obviously should shoot to kill.

The topmost sebillian - he moves into the view range, and just stops. When you get your turn, he can make four shots, and he shouldn't be able to (since he moved).

While reaction fire can be simply fixed (alien TUs probably get reset on the start of player turn), the AI is kinda troubling.

EDIT - the unit that does something (running, firing, etc.) gets the reaction fire - as it should work. This can also be easily used against the passive-aggressive enemy. Have one unit behind some nice cover draw reaction fire, the rest of your rookies can fire away freely that way.

Edited by HammerHead