V8.9 - Air combat and Ground Combat initiated at the same time

Hi,

I've just encountered an error which I think is probably unlikely to crop up too often, but I thought I'd best still report it.

My interceptor squadron were returning from downing a Corvette, when an enemy fighter decided to intercept them. At precisely the same second this happened, the Chinook I'd sent to investigate the crashed Corvette arrived at it's destination.

The result was the air combat screen, with the "investigate crash site?" button displayed in the centre. I clicked to go ahead with the tactical mission, hoping it would cancel the interception, but the tactical map was loaded on top of the interception screen.

As I say, not sure if this will ever crop up again, it's really bad luck with the timing. But I thought maybe the events could be queued, so that after I'd finished the mission, the air combat would've been ready and waiting for me to select.

Hope that's clear.

Cheers

The spice must flow :). I'll try to do a code hack to start ground and air combat at the same time. We have evidence that it's possible to happen during a normal gameplay, so it must be fixed. It will get a lower priority tough, because it's hard to reproduce.