Some sugestions to stream line the gameplay.

Abbo

I would like to see an option to make the class logos appear constantly above the health energy bars in the group row so you can select certain soldiers much faster.... In battle tend to spend allot of time clicking random healthbars looking for a certain soldier.

Speaking of class logos: i would like to see some more of them or maybe to save time, just be able to change the colours on the old one would be good enough.

Lets give an example why it could be useful, lets say i got a lot of research going with allot of soldiers and i have 1 or 2 plasma casters and wolf armour for them, it would be nice to be able to give them a let's say a blue colored heavy weapon class logo to distinguish them from the plain old m60 guys.

And being able to make a new class out of an existing soldiers kit, just a save-as new class option, it's getting tedious rebuilding every new class from the ground up until the last grenade.

Ofcourse being able to edit your own starter basic class kits for all new games would be cool too in the options menu, so you don't have remake and save and assign the same basic kits every new game you start.

As an example: i like my shieldguys to carry no pistol and a boatload of frags, sniper loose extra ammo and atleast 1 frag,, assault with less ammo some frags and a medkit and for my rifleman more frags less ammo. i have to rebuilt those every game i restart which feels allot like work.

Speaking of class logos: i would like to see some more of them or maybe to save time, just be able to change the colours on the old one would be good enough.

Lets give an example why it could be useful, lets say i got a lot of research going with allot of soldiers and i have 1 or 2 plasma casters and wolf armour for them, it would be nice to be able to give them a let's say a blue colored heavy weapon class logo to distinguish them from the plain old m60 guys.

There should be mods offering that already.
And being able to make a new class out of an existing soldiers kit, just a save-as new class option, it's getting tedious rebuilding every new class from the ground up until the last grenade.
uhm.. why don't you just assign the old role, equip its template and then select a new role witout equipping that new roles template before saving the currently equipped template? Shouldn't that be possible?

uhm.. why don't you just assign the old role, equip its template and then select a new role witout equipping that new roles template before saving the currently equipped template? Shouldn't that be possible?

My head hurts after reading that.... Like i said streamlining.

There should be mods offering that already.

So for something basic like that you are saying i have to download mods? Why don't they let modders complete the whole game?

Anyway the small logo selection screen is already counter intuitive with how we have to sidebar/mousewheel through the scarce amount of logos we got, id hate to think about how crappy it would be to select with 20 more custom logos.

Edited by Abbo