[V20 Stable - Ground Combat] music plays on loadscreen once map loads but no switch

Every time I attempt to start a ground mission the game will go to the load screen and after about 20-30 seconds later the music starts, so I know the level has loaded but it won't transition to the level even if I wait a few minutes. If I attempt to click the game stops responding so I have to exit out.

This happened to me with the V19 build aswell but I had my own little workaround for it. I would play in windowed mode, once I got onto a ground mission load screen I would wait for about a minute after the music started playing then click the screen so it would show it wasn't responding, wait a few seconds and then click it again. This would bring up a pop up asking if I wanted to close the game or wait for it to recover. Clicking the recover option would cause the game to transition to the ground combat so I could play.

I can't do this workaround at the moment, which brings me to another problem I found. The windowed mode option doesn't work. I tried starting the game with a combination of having the windowed mode and stat tracking boxes unchecked and each time the game would start in fullscreen.

I would also like to apologize for not reporting this bug earlier.

The windowed mode option doesn't work. I tried starting the game with a combination of having the windowed mode and stat tracking boxes unchecked and each time the game would start in fullscreen.

Have you had windowed mode working previously?

There is a known flaw in the game engine that means windowed mode will not work at all if you select a resolution too close to your desktop resolution.

For example my native resolution is 1680x1050.

Xenonauts will not run in a window unless I pick a resolution 1600x900 or smaller despite higher ones being available.

Selecting 1600x1024 or above defaults to full screen.