[v20 stable - Geoscape] Cannot Relocate Aircraft

I made 3 bases. 1 in europe, another in central america, the third in indochina.

Whenever I try to relocate an aircraft to indochina when it arrives a pop-up tells me the plane has reached waypoint and gives me the usual waypoint options (patrol, return, cancel, etc). If I press cancel it circles indochina endlessly never running out of fuel. If I select return it returns to the base I sent it from (either europe or central america).

If I look in the base screen for indochina it says a hangar is occupied but in the aircraft screen of indochina there's nothing.

Also quite frequently on the geoscape ufo/crashsite icons will appear that are incorrectly labeled, sometimes as random letters/numbers, sometimes as "Charlie". If you click on these sometimes they will crash the game, other times they will bring up a pop-up that treats Charlie as if it were a ufo.

This usually happens after ground combat, either base attack/defence or a crashsite.

This sounds pretty weird, I would try to verify the integrity of the game cache.

Rightclick on the game in the steam library, click properties and select "verify integrity of game cache" in the local files tab.

If that doesn't work maybe a complete reinstall will, it was necessary for me a few times. I usually follow StellarRats example, delete the xenonauts folder (steamapps -> common -> Xenonauts) and then have steam delete local content (same local files tab as the integrity of the game cache). then reinstall.

I hope one of those will help you, because it sounds more like corrupted files than like a bug. but then again i'm no expert, so listen to me at your own risk ;)

I validated and the problem persists. It's only that one base too. The other 2 are fine. The save appears to be permanently bugged.

Send any plane to Indochina base. Clicking on the endlessly circling aircraft then causes a crash.

Crash dump here: http://www.filedropper.com/xenonautscrashdump

Save file here: http://www.filedropper.com/2013-12-28025607savefile

• 2 weeks later...