UI and other things

plucx

Greeting stuff:

I am blastergasted by this game and can't wait to see it in final form! Been playing all the x-com games worth of mention and i'm still a addict player from the original UFO, ennemy unknow (like soooo many of us in here i beleive).

I know this is a Alpha in development. This post is intended to point out stuff to get informed and inform you guys on some some feedback, I really enjoy the fact that you show us the goods instead of just telling us "we know whats good for you". When in get to the restaurant ordering steak ... i expect steak! Same thing with X-com based games!

Soo, you give me steak guys!! Love it!!!!

Interesting stuff:

I like to put my base in the middle of the mediteranean ... no luck here! Can't seem to find an Island that a base can fit on even if some show in green.

Pistol take 6 squares. I would loved it smaller, weight seems ok. Why not 2 suare vertical like in X-Com?

Is there anyway to have a holster space on hips or something similar? Sure a pistol weight a lot for it's size, but it's part of it's usefullness, being small, easy to carry as a secondary weapon.

Character fonts for in base tabs seems a little small. Not intuitive at first.

Love the Jets Hangars size, just a little smaller for these extra buildings!

Why the budjet is on the right size of the base map? There too much info displayed there IMO. Also, for the purist, putting base tabs there might suit them(me) better.

Why there is no basic earth research?

I don't know, like a smaller pistol, bullet variety in shotgun, Auto-Shotgun. I don't think that putting a lot a variety in weapons is good but not enough neither is.

I always carried around some basic explosive ammo, fire ammo in the squads, sometimes past mid game to dislogge pesky snipers or to burn up targets weak to heat weapons. Inciendary missile guys?

Basic heavy explosives. ... damn can't play a game of blast the whole place up? FOUND INFO

Proximity mines where one of my all times favorites. Even if the damage was low in end game, they keep me informed if something is moving in a place I cleared before. Always had one on every guys in a squad. Mines are a must for me in a Crysalisk situation (loved and hated these guys).

More to come. Thanks for everything your are doing with this game!

Edited by plucx