[20.8] Relation boost and Airstike action...

Alturys

Hi,

I love the new build (20.8). Animation speed are smoother, the new UI is nice, ground combat seems to be faster and deadlier with new accuracy, new map are nice... I have only two suggestion on this build:

1/ After shooting down an UFO, the relation boost should be on the Airstrike action, not on the ufo shutdown. It should be around 80% of the "perfect mission score" or maybe more if you really don't want to penalize Airstrike vs Mission. Of course, doing the mission will provide a relation boost, slightly better if the mission is a good succes (few causalities). The idea here is to reintroduce positive relation boost when the player attack a grounded UFO, or do pure terrestrial mission but don't penalyse too much the "Airstrike" option in term of relation.

By doing this, you will also revert this "negative only" scoreboard to something nicer :cool:

2/ The IA seems to be very passive, at least the two first month. Aliens keep a lot of TU for reaction shoot, or somtimes have very stupid behavior, like running toward my soldiers without cover (Maybe for throwing a grenade next turn, but they never live enough :confused:). But i find their shoot more precise and deadlier than before and that's a good thing.

Anyway, i find the game very interesting and fun, i really appreciate the lasts builds evolution :)

Cheers

Edited by Alturys

Hi,

I love the new build (20.8). Animation speed are smoother, the new UI is nice, ground combat seems to be faster and deadlier with new accuracy, new map are nice... I have only two suggestion on this build:

1/ After shooting down an UFO, the relation boost should be on the Airstrike action, not on the ufo shutdown. It should be around 80% of the "perfect mission score" or maybe more if you really don't want to penalize Airstrike vs Mission. Of course, doing the mission will provide a relation boost, slightly better if the mission is a good succes (few causalities). The idea here is to reintroduce positive relation boost when the player attack a grounded UFO, or do pure terrestrial mission but don't penalyse too much the "Airstrike" option in term of relation.

You know, now that I think about it, why doesn't the airstrike happen automatically if a shootdown is about to expire? I'm going to put that in the suggestion section.

You know, now that I think about it, why doesn't the airstrike happen automatically if a shootdown is about to expire? I'm going to put that in the suggestion section.

The only argument against that is that there's less risk in letting a crash site linger. At the moment, if you wait for daybreak, you can lose the entire site.

On the other hand, airstrike-on-expire would allow the devs to get rid of the "crashsites don't expire if a transport is on the way" mechanic. Would that be enough to risk a night time mission over, though?

2/ The IA seems to be very passive, at least the two first month. Aliens keep a lot of TU for reaction shoot, or somtimes have very stupid behavior, like running toward my soldiers without cover (Maybe for throwing a grenade next turn, but they never live enough ). But i find their shoot more precise and deadlier than before and that's a good thing.

Yeah, although it seems to be only on UFO missions so far. This sebilian base is brutal.