Forced Ironman Mode=Begone?

Sapare

I might get a lot of objections here but I find the fact that ironman mode is forced on the highest difficulty setting rather obnoxious.

I want to play the highest difficulty level, which shouldn't mean I have to play ironman. Mostly my problem is that I prefer to play manual ironman rather then automatic ironman. Sometimes a game glitches out, sometimes you want to try out something funny/cool/weird and you don't want to throw 8 hours worth of gameplay away just to try out said thing. Sometimes you just want to break the ironman because a hastily misclick just made your guy get up and run toward the alien, hugging him.

Let the player enforce his own ironman, and if he doesnt want to then let him tick the box that makes the game enforce it, but don't force the player to use it just because he wants to play on the highest difficulty level.(Which for me is a 'must' as I barely ever touch a game after beating it)