Soldiers lose dropped items if mission ends.

Having downed 2 alien ships i proceeded to the 1st crashsite and engaged. When breaching the ship %$*# hit the fan so i got my my rocketeer to drop his launcher and use his side arm... He hit and killed the final alien! AWESOME!!!

Pumped from that kick arse ending i immediately fly to the second crashsite. Well when i go to use my launcher guy... he has no launcher! since the last mission immediately ended i got no chance to pick it up! So he spent the entire time running around with his pistol... suffice to say there were plenty of times when a rocket to destroy cover would have been super useful and numerous of his teamates died :(

It would be nice if we had an option to continue on a map and pick stuff back up so that if we arnt going straight back to base we can recover any dropped items, weapons from killed teamates etc.

Hmmm. Yeah, I can see why this would be useful. However I don't really think it's practical to do unless we stop the mission ending immediately after you kill the last alien (and that's not really something we want to do, because player feedback was that having to play the rest of the turn out assuming there were more aliens alive is frustrating).

It's unfortunate that a situation like you mentioned can occur but to be honest I think the cure would be worse than the problem.

I just checked and the game salvages all dropped items (I intentionally dropped the only laser rifle I had before an end of a mission and the soldier had it again when back at the base). So I think this could be fixed by the salvaging code also checking all items on the ground and if they are missing in any soldier's default loadout, equipping them back.